Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
just a guest

Re: Singapore Girl

Post by just a guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:01 pm

GuestGuest wrote:gIrls Girls,

i am not putting the job down.
as what some say, every job has it ups and downs,
i am stating some facts which people shld be prepared. because alot of my batch girls left, because they are unable to cope with the stress. they cry after every other flight. 1 left, because she hurt her back during a trip, and had to leave.
but please, not every girl end up this way
heeee

i m still here because i learnt to be very strong for myself. i am still here for the money.
else, i don't really know what to do when i quit.
you c, thats y i say, degree holders shld have a better prospect outside.

oh yes, i can't say i am materialistic either, I don't buy LV prada. just well once in a very blue moon when i really really tot over very carefully. every other woman in SG is carrying a GUCCI especially, and LV. or other branded goods. a special luxury item is becoming a household item!

u c. 6000-7000 strength of cabin crew, you can expect ALL kinds of pple.
i am just stating a little of the job scope.
those who are in, don't you agree with me, here and there, we get crappy pax?
you know what kinda flights where some of us, being nice to help pax, in the end we hurt ourselves?

but there are some pleasant flights, and we often are grateful for it.

a pax on my flight recently was very nice and smily. towards the end he was suddenly grouchy. he became irritable and pass nasty remarks to me when i talked to him. i tot i did something wrong. so i tried to talk to him many times but in vain. in the end, after 2 hrs of "torture" he suddenly smiled. wtf? and i asked him once more what's wrng, he say, "don't worry, it's nothing to do with you, but someone else". and he winked at me. WTF again?
i was the scrapegoat for his venting of anger?

i won't say i am discouraging, if you are inside already, and you had such a wonderful experience so far with no nasty pax, i am really happy for you.

but one thing, shopping overseas is rather fun.
but rem, you "walk" to the country, not fly
ahahahahhahahaha

you want to flame me, go ahead. i don't think i am lying, unless i am dreaming i am workin for SIA. :>
Hi GuestGuest,

Thankz for sharing those downside of working as a cabin crew. Well, i guess all of us needed that very much. :)

Anyway, just wanna check with you, i heard that the interviewers will check at your teeths, right?
So, may i know how will they check? Are they gonna open up ur mouth and check or just wanna see whether u have a nice teeth while smiling?

In fact, i've a whole on my bottom teeth and its cannot be seen when i'm smiling but certainly can be seen if i open my mouth. :?
Plz clarify. Thank you very much.

guest~

Silkair Final Interview

Post by guest~ » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:25 pm

Dear Ladies...the wait in anticipation is killing me.

No one have yet receive the letter?

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:37 pm

Hi Guest,

If u read the previous posts.. some of them got replies already. I assumed all short-listed applicants wld ve recd invitations by last friday.. Then again, i could be wrong.

guest~

silkair final interivew

Post by guest~ » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:45 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:Hi Guest,

If u read the previous posts.. some of them got replies already. I assumed all short-listed applicants wld ve recd invitations by last friday.. Then again, i could be wrong.
well, i ain't too sure either. but i read from Suzycreamycheese that she has yet gotten a reply too.

Re: Sia Interview on 2nd July

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:51 pm

Dear all, if anyone received email invitations for noon interviews on 2nd July, do post.

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 3:46 pm

FAwannabe wrote:Dear Hopeless,

Haha!! Talk abt persistence, i once know this lady in her 30s who applied 13 times (from young age of 18) n got in finally on her 14th round. They were doing walk-ins at that time. :)

Why didnt u try when u're younger? I didnt because i had the impression that applicants gotta be Miss Universe calibre then. It was after knowing gals from SIA that i realised they actually have a good mix of people from all backgrounds.. By then.. I hit the age of 26 already.. :lol:
Hmm... i guess the reason why SIA doesnt conduct walk-in interviews now is because they dun wana "attract" all kinds of people to the interview. They'd rather go through the write-ins and select based on whatever criteria they've set. So for us in our late 20s, i guess the chances are really low.

Hey 26 is still not that old, so keep trying ya....one day u may be called to the interview.... :)

Lab_baby

Post by Lab_baby » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 3:55 pm

Hopeless wrote:
FAwannabe wrote:Dear Hopeless,

Haha!! Talk abt persistence, i once know this lady in her 30s who applied 13 times (from young age of 18) n got in finally on her 14th round. They were doing walk-ins at that time. :)

Why didnt u try when u're younger? I didnt because i had the impression that applicants gotta be Miss Universe calibre then. It was after knowing gals from SIA that i realised they actually have a good mix of people from all backgrounds.. By then.. I hit the age of 26 already.. :lol:
Hmm... i guess the reason why SIA doesnt conduct walk-in interviews now is because they dun wana "attract" all kinds of people to the interview. They'd rather go through the write-ins and select based on whatever criteria they've set. So for us in our late 20s, i guess the chances are really low.

Hey 26 is still not that old, so keep trying ya....one day u may be called to the interview.... :)
me turning 26 tis yr but was selected for the interview tis sat.
Please dun give up trying..You nvr noe...

g u e s t

Post by g u e s t » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:Dear all, if anyone received email invitations for noon interviews on 2nd July, do post.
yes i totally agree, it would save everyone's hassle of checking the emails every now and then! ; )

gd luck girls !
some kind souls pls keep us updated whether u had recieved any invitations for the afternoon slots!

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:22 pm

Lab_baby and Hopeless,

Thanks for the encouragement!! will keep on writing in till i reach the ripe old age of 28. Haha..

Lab_baby

Congrats on being shortlisted!! Let me know how it goes k? :)

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:27 pm

yea man!! someone please please let us know if u got the notification via email today... everytime i chk my mail.. i get tis sick feeling in the stomach..

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 4:59 pm

FAwannabe wrote:Lab_baby and Hopeless,

Thanks for the encouragement!! will keep on writing in till i reach the ripe old age of 28. Haha..

Lab_baby

Congrats on being shortlisted!! Let me know how it goes k? :)
Yes congrats Lab_baby!
Do let us know how the interview goes and the outcome ya?
All the best! :)

cieux

Post by cieux » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 5:15 pm

g u e s t wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Dear all, if anyone received email invitations for noon interviews on 2nd July, do post.
yes i totally agree, it would save everyone's hassle of checking the emails every now and then! ; )

gd luck girls !
some kind souls pls keep us updated whether u had recieved any invitations for the afternoon slots!
Hi,
No mail today girls.
:?

M

Post by M » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 8:49 pm

Don't mean to be spoilsport ladies but I think most invites are sent out last week. Though I heard from my friend that a few was called up after the inital scheduled interviews. But those few were gentlemen, not very sure about ladies.

I would rather put it this way, as responses are overwhelming, they have to select those "few". Definition of those "few", I will leave up to you ladies to interpret. So just keep trying next time round. I'm sure the HR will notice you pretty ladies soon! Goodluck! :)

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 9:50 pm

Hey M,

I guessed as much..women's intuition I call it. :) Prob a HR rule to give the short-listed ones a week to preen n look their best. Oh well~ better luck next time. :)

guest99

Post by guest99 » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:00 pm

Elo,

Calling all shortlisted candidates.. wat did u guys write in your cover letter that made the interviewers so impressed that they've got to see u face to face?? :)

Charity work? a penchant for travelling? customer svc experience? Please help!! Thanks in advance.