Singapore Expats

Checklist for Aussie moving to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Daycat

Checklist for Aussie moving to Singapore

Post by Daycat » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 5:06 pm

Hi there
Contemplating an offer to expat in Singapore and trying to think of all the things I need to check up on, tax, health insurance, superannuation, wha to check on the expat/relocation package etc etc, it starts to get a bit overwhelming. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good checklist to help make sure you cover everything.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Checklist for Aussie moving to Singapore

Post by The Ref » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:14 pm

I moved a few years ago, but the thing I regret checking enough on was *real* cost of schools, availability, etc.

Maybe put a bit more info on your personal circumstances and people will then be able to help.

What is your age, are you single, couple, any kids, how many and what ages, etc.

Staying in the same company, new company, relocation, discussion of expat package or just asking (they are rare these days). What level are you?

What race are you and what type of job are you after (this is *NOT* 'Straya - it matters and will be on every form you fill in)

Planning on coming for a short stint or really giving it a go? A proper expat package is generally no longer open ended

There are probably more questions that will come out of this.

Let us know and people can help, otherwise it is too broard.