Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smartyjones18

Re: PR Pending

Post by smartyjones18 » Sun, 11 Mar 2018 3:31 pm

LiuPeng wrote:Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!
I submitted in September 2017 and got approved on 26 Feb this year. Hope you get yours approved.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 11 Mar 2018 5:34 pm

smartyjones18 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!
I submitted in September 2017 and got approved on 26 Feb this year. Hope you get yours approved.

Mind to share your profile tho we know no such things as identical profile
Which date exactly you applied on sep17? And how many times you got rejected before

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Mon, 12 Mar 2018 9:37 am

smartyjones18 wrote:

Thank you so much! I hope mine could also get approved soon.

smartyjones18

Post by smartyjones18 » Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:23 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:
smartyjones18 wrote:

Mind to share your profile tho we know no such things as identical profile
Which date exactly you applied on sep17? And how many times you got rejected before
Working since 2009 female Chinese from PRC. third time lucky

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 3:37 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote: Appreciate if u guys can keep update here once the result come out as we all submit the application roughly on same timing
There shud be more people submitted on same timing as us and I start to see some pattern here though we all definitely are coming from different profile
How many NOA have u guys gotten
Rejected. It was 6 month sharp. Good luck guys.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:00 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote: Appreciate if u guys can keep update here once the result come out as we all submit the application roughly on same timing
There shud be more people submitted on same timing as us and I start to see some pattern here though we all definitely are coming from different profile
i guess mine is also will be rejected.. whats your background btw?

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:19 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:
OMG, it takes 6 month to reject... BTW, they also update the status on weekends? I am so worried now.

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:21 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:
i guess mine is also will be rejected.. whats your background btw?
It's going to be our 6 month's mark soon!

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:57 pm

LiuPeng wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:
OMG, it takes 6 month to reject... BTW, they also update the status on weekends? I am so worried now.
yea.. its like they have set timing to release the result.. (regardless weekend or weekday).. if im not wrong past 2 rejection i got was around weekends as well..
ok im ready to see the rejection result also.. i dont have high hope..
just wonder why past 2 rejection so fast in 3months.. but this time round have to take 6months (mine is going 6months in the next few weeks)- could be due to the online application scheme started on last november.. so anytime im ready..

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 9:49 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:
yea.. its like they have set timing to release the result.. (regardless weekend or weekday).. if im not wrong past 2 rejection i got was around weekends as well..
just wonder why past 2 rejection so fast in 3months.. but this time round have to take 6months (mine is going 6months in the next few weeks)- could be due to the online application scheme started on last november.. so anytime im ready..
Start to check the status twice a day... btw, what is your background?

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:48 am

LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:
Start to check the status twice a day... btw, what is your background?
Epass Q1 holder salary around only 50k ++ annually. you?
Do update us once your result come out...

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:38 am

I'm on EP, studied at NTU and been working for 6 years (totally length of stay is 10 years). Current salary is 84k.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:49 am

phamtieugiao wrote:I'm on EP, studied at NTU and been working for 6 years (totally length of stay is 10 years). Current salary is 84k.
i guess mine will be rejected like previous 2 attempts.. maybe apply again nx time.. =="

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:17 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:I'm on EP, studied at NTU and been working for 6 years (totally length of stay is 10 years). Current salary is 84k.
i guess mine will be rejected like previous 2 attempts.. maybe apply again nx time.. =="
His salary is apparently much higher than us, and his stay here is much longer. Still got rejected...

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:17 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
Be positive. I think ICA does not care much about your background. They care more about your mentality of rooting into Singapore. If you are a Chinese, there is a very high chance of you doing so. PR is auto granted in that case, even with a low background.