Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cieux

Re: SIA

Post by cieux » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:04 am

goh wrote:
Tori wrote:Hi goh,

I'm pretty sure there's a afternoon batch.. My frd went to the April interview, afternoon batch.

:)
goh wrote: Hi Tori,
Do you think we still got hope? Will there be any interview for the afternoon? Do any 1 ever being invited for the afternoon interview b4 these batch? :roll:
Hi Tori,
then lets pray hard for getting the invitation to the interview 2morrow. Really dnt have a gd nite sleep these few days as keep worry that they reject me as so many of the girls have alreay got it.
:cry:
Hi girls,
i also send my application on 17th afternoon and haven got any reply. Tori, think its really not worth to lose sleep over this. If u think u have met the criterias, i'm sure they will shortlist you, its just a matter of timing. And even if they don't, u can always apply again! For me i always think that if the job is meant for u, it will be yours, and it will come to you naturally. So dun fret.. i'm also waiting. If u keep losing sleep over this, eventually you may not look pretty on the day of interview! Lets hope that we get shortlisted and get to meet up on that day! Keep each other updated here yeah. :D

goh

Post by goh » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:15 am

Hi,
Whenever exam or any tests even taking car license, i will also be like this, which is worry and loss sleep. But i think you are right, me now down of flu already as the weather and maybe due to loss of sleep too. But not to worry, will take lots of vitamin to recover my beauty back so that can be in the best form to go for the interview and also to meet you girls. :)

Post by Guest » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 2:40 am

i'm thinking of cutting my hair short if i do get thru to the kebaya round.

just to hide my scar.

is that plain crazy?

FAwannabe

TO: Karen

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:21 am

Hi Karen,

Im also 27 this year!! And im trying out for SIA's flight stewardess position also... Im not sure if the age limit is @ 26 tho cos Ive got friends(in SIA) who told me they met juz freshies who got in at the age of 28!

And a couple of years ago, another friend of mine who got in at the age of 25, said that she was surprised to find a 27 yr old gal in her training class... so i s'pose it all boils down to your CRM experiences, communication skills, the number of foreign languages u know etc.

Have u tried writing in yet? Any success? :)

lab_baby

Post by lab_baby » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:23 am

M wrote:
shopaholic wrote:Thanks M =)

By the way, I am wondering how come the pause between the two recruitments is so short?

Did they not get enough applicants in the previous recruitment (of Singapore & m'sians)? It's hardly a 2 weeks before 18 June and they are recruting Malaysians. Just pondering...
Turnover rate is quite high I think? Not too sure about that but they are definitely in need of stewards in view of A380. :shock:

Goodluck babe!! :twisted:
heard from my frd in SQ...SQ need approx. 300 crews for their new A380.

Hopeless

Re: TO: Karen

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:43 am

FAwannabe wrote:Hi Karen,

Im also 27 this year!! And im trying out for SIA's flight stewardess position also... Im not sure if the age limit is @ 26 tho because Ive got friends(in SIA) who told me they met juz freshies who got in at the age of 28!

And a couple of years ago, another friend of mine who got in at the age of 25, said that she was surprised to find a 27 yr old girl in her training class... so i s'pose it all boils down to your CRM experiences, communication skills, the number of foreign languages u know etc.

Have u tried writing in yet? Any success? :)
I'm 29 this year....no news from them yet... think no hope oredi.... :(

galgally

SIA interview

Post by galgally » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:44 am

hey gals..does anyone of u bring ur testimonials and educational transcripts? or simply bring the certificates?

FAwannabe

To: Hopeless

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:51 am

Dear Hopeless,

Dun lose hope yet! Since they didnt indicate age limit, most prob age isnt a factor for locals. This is the 3rd time ive written in and so far, have nvr rec any response from them.

Do u have CRM experience? Im a Finance Analyst so chances are, my applications' prob got dumped into the bin. Haha.. but im not giving up.. so dun u dare give up also!!!

FAwannabe

To Galgally

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:57 am

Hi Hi Gal,

Have u recd the invitaion for interview already? When did u rec it? Last Fri?

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:09 pm

im juz wondering if any of u who got selected are of ages 26- 28 range? And wat are your wkg exps like? and height?

Im concern cos i measure 157/158 depending on the apparatus used.. :)

inquisitive

Post by inquisitive » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:28 pm

Describe the SIA girl lifestyle, please someone...!!!!! What is it like, travelling, what kind of hotels, job bonuses, benefits, off days, bad experience, everything!!! Those who are or were SIA girls, can u please answer this!!!!

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:38 pm

will like to find out what u guys or gals put down in your cover letter.. skills? achievements? thanks!

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:39 pm

Hi all

Anyone know what's the 1st interview for SIA air stewardess is about? How many interviews are there all together? I've seen someone posted before but I lost the page no. :roll: Don't mind post it again?

Thanks!

Hopeless

Re: To: Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 1:13 pm

FAwannabe wrote:Dear Hopeless,

Dun lose hope yet! Since they didnt indicate age limit, most prob age isnt a factor for locals. This is the 3rd time ive written in and so far, have nvr rec any response from them.

Do u have CRM experience? Im a Finance Analyst so chances are, my applications' prob got dumped into the bin. Haha.. but im not giving up.. so dun u dare give up also!!!
I do but that was many years back. I guess the applications are too overwhelming, thats why theres a possibility that they reject those in late 20s...... *sigh*

U applied 3 times oredi?? Wow u're really persistent! Good for u!

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 1:58 pm

Dear Hopeless,

Haha!! Talk abt persistence, i once know this lady in her 30s who applied 13 times (from young age of 18) n got in finally on her 14th round. They were doing walk-ins at that time. :)

Why didnt u try when u're younger? I didnt cos i had the impression that applicants gotta be Miss Universe calibre then. It was after knowing gals from SIA that i realised they actually have a good mix of people from all backgrounds.. By then.. I hit the age of 26 already.. :lol: