Singapore Expats

The Best Breakup Advice I got

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
yoyodolly

The Best Breakup Advice I got

Post by yoyodolly » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:47 pm

I've been divorced and living in Singapore alone now for almost 6 years and I've had the pleasure of becoming friends with so many wonderful men and women who support me today.

Yet something always seems to be a common topic - and that's how to deal with a break up. I went through some messy times post-divorce too - with an elder guy that left SG and moved to Cambodia and I didn't even find out about his abrupt, permanent decision until he uploaded a selfie on Instagram!!! He even hashtagged "bestdecisionever" :'(

I've had so many drunken nights at Wine Connection, just pouring my heart out to my friends, constantly asking for advice, or just thinking what I did wrong.

I went through such a depressed stage for about a year and a half and honestly, this is in no way putting out an ad - but because so many of my expat and local friends go through this horrific time one of them suggested I put this out there....because this 1 book really changed my life. And it is changing everyone's life around me too, now that they know about it.

I keep re-reading it, thinking that if only I had gotten my hands on it earlier, everything would make so much more sense and I wouldn't have made a fool of myself, calling my ex at odd times of the month. I'm an overthinker and I know most of you must be too...

This book is so empowering and it's made me stop doubting myself. It's called "Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You"

There's a direct link here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0738213284/

That's a hell of a lot of work for a spammer to go thru to get an affiliate link to Amazon!

I hope this somehow helps someone out here....remember you're not alone...we all go through terrible breakups and pitfalls but it is up to us to build our strength!

Best Regards,
Mindy

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: The Best Breakup Advice I got

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 9:35 pm

So what advice specifically changed your life?

Realising that you alone are responsible for your decisions and destiny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:46 pm

At first read your post definitely smells like a advertisement, but after doing some checking, I'm going to let it stay. - moderator

Yes, I thought it was advertising as well and checked it over... and let it stay. Depends on what happens next, methinks.

Moderator #2
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 8:45 am

Tell me more about Wine Connection?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:07 am

PNGMK wrote:Tell me more about Wine Connection?
LOL

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:46 am

PNGMK wrote:Tell me more about Wine Connection?
Have us mods been had? Is this really a tout for Wine Connection?

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 1:30 pm

Personally, I figure it's a bit of both. I think a Samaritan might plug a book if it was particularly helpful to him/her. But I doubt that he/she would go so far as to add a purchase link.

The fact that the link in question is way longer than a straight-up Amazon link to that book should be makes me a bit suspicious. Is there a reference ID to an affiliate account in that link? Not sure. But if there is, our Samaritan may make a few bucks off her recommendation. Fine if he/she were a regular. A one-off poster... not so much.

The Wine Connection mention is bonus I reckon :)

Disclaimer: All of the above is full-on conjecture on my part.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 1:56 pm

Max Headroom wrote:Is there a reference ID to an affiliate account in that link?
The Wine Connection mention is bonus I reckon :)

Disclaimer: All of the above is full-on conjecture on my part.
I think Max has pinged this one spot on. Indeed, there is an affiliate account reference in that link, to whit:

tag=yoyodollysg

I'm going to doll up that link so you can look at the book without her affiliate tag.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 2:06 pm

I was playing with that about an hour ago and was on the same track. I found the dolly link in the Amazon link when I opened it up again. I then did a regular search on Amazon and of course it didn't have the tag in the address line. I figured that somehow she was getting a bene from it but damned if I know how so I decided to go have lunch and would look at it later. Still I am a bit dense, as I don't get the Wine Connection bit?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 2:28 pm

I'll sign on any advice that can be found at the bottom of a wine bottle! :mrgreen:

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Addadude » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 3:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Still I am a bit dense, as I don't get the Wine Connection bit?
I think that was the TS' attempt at localising their message.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."