Singapore Expats

What should I eat in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
vanvt92

What should I eat in Singapore?

Post by vanvt92 » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:42 am

Spam deleted. Neat trick. Ask a question in a first post, come back later and substitute spam.
Last edited by vanvt92 on Thu, 08 Feb 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: What should I eat in Singapore?

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:50 pm

I thoroughly recommend eating FOOD, and in Singapore, there are many, many different kinds of foods to be had.

Hawker centers, serving many different foods in individual stalls, are uniquely Singaporean. They are everywhere... one of the more well known one's is at Newton Circus.

Seafood is another great eat in Singapore... have to try the chili crab... me, I like the Red House on Robertson Quay but you'll get as many answers as people you ask.

Plenty of good Italian restaurants in Singapore. My favorite is Pasta Brava on Craig Road.

Or, try the many different food stalls in the basement of Ngee Ann City... really some interesting stuff.

Singapore's signature dish may be chicken and rice... you can find it everywhere, and my favorite joint with the best ever is on Coronation Road next to Bukit Timah... I don't know if it is still there.

You can eat so many different kinds of food all over the place in Singapore. Enjoy!

marketer

Post by marketer » Wed, 31 Jan 2018 5:52 pm

Singapore is a hot pot of cuisines to eat, incorporating a rich heritage of food dishes consisting of Chinese, Indian, Malaysian and Indonesian influences. If you are a local Singaporean, you would have seen these dishes in the hawker centers below your void deck, in the food courts of shopping centers and in the quaint shop-houses decades old.

These are the real dishes you need to eat in Singapore before you die. I know there are still dozens of dishes in Singapore that are true to our heritage, but if I were to cover them all, this list would take you 2 years to finish reading.

maryjane

Post by maryjane » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 3:33 pm

Last year I visited Singapore on New Year Eve.
It is nice place to live in. Food is the major part of our celebrations. The cuisine were decorated beautifully, I love Singapore.

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Tue, 20 Feb 2018 4:48 pm

I love chili crab. <3 <3 <3

Nickyturn

Post by Nickyturn » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:46 am

Have you tried Garrets pop corn? They are the best. Besides that I love the Laksa at Katong and the Prata at Upper Thompson :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:20 am

vanvt92 wrote:Spam deleted. Neat trick. Ask a question in a first post, come back later and substitute spam.
I guess the all-Vietnamese font kinda gave it away. Decent try though yeah.

Mathieularoche

Post by Mathieularoche » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:45 am

Asking what you should eat in Singapore is like asking which island to visit in Thailand lol.

You have everything you can barely imagine. Just go out, explore the city and try as much new food as possible, you'll love it, I swear :D