Singapore Expats

WP>LTVP, SP>LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wennzzi

WP>LTVP, SP>LTVP

Post by wennzzi » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:40 pm

Hello. I will like to seek some advice, having read through plenty topics on WP applying for marriage to a SC, i did not get to have a clear view on how this LTVP works for WP. I understood that for WP-SC marriage, we first have to seek approval from MOM to marry. Regarding the LTVP, im kinda confused here. As I did not know about the LTVP until recently, thinking that approval from MOM is sufficient. Pardon my ignorant, and hoping to get some enlightenment here, as I really could not find elsewhere on the net to clear my doubts. :???:

Thus, my 1st qn is: Assuming the situation being that MOM had given their approval for the marriage, is it a must or it is recommended that we go for the LTVP? Is it LTVP gives higher chances when applying for PR? Then if managed to change to a SP holder job during marriage, the LTVP is better or SP (in terms of PR)?

2nd Qn: If we go for the LTVP after ROM, during the application process (which i heard it can take weeks to months), can the WP/SP holder still work in singapore? Or can continue working until the LTVP approval is given and has to surrender the permit card back to MOM to get the LTVP? With only LTVP and no WP/SP, is it will have to stop working and wait till then the company apply for the LOC successfully? :shock:

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Re: WP>LTVP, SP>LTVP

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 9:43 am

Hello, hope the below replies help clarify your queries.
wennzzi wrote:Assuming the situation being that MOM had given their approval for the marriage, is it a must or it is recommended that we go for the LTVP? Is it LTVP gives higher chances when applying for PR? Then if managed to change to a SP holder job during marriage, the LTVP is better or SP (in terms of PR)?
It is recommended that you go for LTVP as it gives you some "rights" to stay in Singapore for a said period of time. If you are a SP holder, once your employment cease, you need to return to your country. In terms of PR, there is no black and white stating which is better. Just that LTVP takes your family ties into considerations, and SP is by your own merits.

2nd Qn: If we go for the LTVP after ROM, during the application process (which i heard it can take weeks to months), can the WP/SP holder still work in singapore? Or can continue working until the LTVP approval is given and has to surrender the permit card back to MOM to get the LTVP? With only LTVP and no WP/SP, is it will have to stop working and wait till then the company apply for the LOC successfully? :shock:
Yes, you can still work in Singapore during the application process. Once the application is approved, the permit will be taken back by ICA when they issue you your LTVP card. Also, a temporary LOC with one month's validity will be issued. Approval for LOC usually takes about a week, as per experience and it is also stated in MOM's website.

wennzzi

Post by wennzzi » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:07 am

Hello. thank you so much for your info!!
which means to say the temporary LOC is issued together with the LTVP when they take back the permit card? or the employer has to apply for the temporary LOC too?

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:11 am

wennzzi wrote:Hello. thank you so much for your info!!
which means to say the temporary LOC is issued together with the LTVP when they take back the permit card? or the employer has to apply for the temporary LOC too?
You're welcome!

Yupyup, the temporary LOC is issued together with the LTVP, at ICA, by the ICA officer. The employer will apply for the actual LOC.

wennzzi

Post by wennzzi » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 9:33 pm

Hello. Can I ask if translation is needed for their Malaysian education cert in ur case ? Or can jus submit as it is?

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 8:48 am

wennzzi wrote:Hello. Can I ask if translation is needed for their Malaysian education cert in ur case ? Or can jus submit as it is?
heyhey, the translation wasn't needed in our case. we submitted as it is

wennzzi

Post by wennzzi » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 1:56 pm

SCmarriedtoMalaysian wrote:
wennzzi wrote:Hello. Can I ask if translation is needed for their Malaysian education cert in ur case ? Or can jus submit as it is?
heyhey, the translation wasn't needed in our case. we submitted as it is
thank you once again! :)