Singapore Expats

Bringing Desktop into Singapore

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
prateekcool007

Bringing Desktop into Singapore

Post by prateekcool007 » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 4:40 am

Hello Everyone

I am moving to Singapore soon. I prefer using Desktops and after checking the part prices in SG online. I would like to bring my used 3 year old desktop parts (excluding case). I will buy a budget case from there and set it up.

I wanted to know if there is any issue/immigration alert when bringing computer parts? Do you know of any problems/challenges with this approach?

Thanks in advance!!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Bringing Desktop into Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 6:42 am

No issues that I am aware of except for shipping costs if you are not bringing the stuff in with personal luggage. I assume you know that SG is 240 volt.

prateekcool007

Post by prateekcool007 » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 3:27 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:No issues that I am aware of except for shipping costs if you are not bringing the stuff in with personal luggage. I assume you know that SG is 240 volt.
Thank you StrongEagle - this is the second time you have answered my query. You rock !! \:D/

chowster235

Post by chowster235 » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 6:38 pm

Agreed, I don't think there is any issue with bringing them in. You just need to be aware of the power voltage and see if you need adaptors to use them here in Singapore

prateekcool007

Post by prateekcool007 » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 7:15 pm

Just to close this one. I am in Singapore and brought my desktop parts without any troubles. I only brought Motherboard, Processor, HDD and RAM. I will buy Monitor, cabinet and PSU here itself.