Singapore Expats

Entry Permit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
syuu

Entry Permit

Post by syuu » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 3:23 pm

Hello I really need help

My potential employer asked for my entry permit (form 5a) but my parents told me ICA didn't issue one to me. My parents applied for my PR on the day I was born, when they registered my birth at KK hospital. But HR said they still want my entry permit.

I called ICA hotline but the CSO told me to e-mail the REP department because she doesn't know much about it. I e-mailed REP and also the PR department 1~2 weeks ago for at least 3 times but they didn't reply.

Anyone knows what can I do now? Should I go down ICA instead.. It's so far from my house though...

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Entry Permit

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 6:28 pm

syuu wrote: Anyone knows what can I do now? Should I go down ICA instead.. It's so far from my house though...
I assume you must live overseas as nowhere in Singapore is far from anywhere!!!

ICA is at an MRT station as well to make things even more convenient.

A face to face would obviously speed things up , but if its too much trouble for you then just wait until someone replies to your emails.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

syuu

Post by syuu » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 8:27 pm

Barnsley wrote:
syuu wrote: Anyone knows what can I do now? Should I go down ICA instead.. It's so far from my house though...
I assume you must live overseas as nowhere in Singapore is far from anywhere!!!

ICA is at an MRT station as well to make things even more convenient.

A face to face would obviously speed things up , but if its too much trouble for you then just wait until someone replies to your emails.
lol no I live in the west of Singapore (for 24 years) and it's troublesome for me to get there. I need to change MRT a few times.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 11:25 pm

Poor baby. Then don't go and forget about it. If it not worth the time it takes to go there then forgeddit.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 6:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Poor baby. Then don't go and forget about it. If it not worth the time it takes to go there then forgeddit.
Agreed. Crybaby also doesn't bother to think about why HR want it (here's a hint - so they pay the correct CPF amount).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:44 am

Your re-entry permit is always associated with your travel document, ie, your passport. Do you have a passport? Do you not have a REP in it? How do you know you even have a REP?

If not, you need to renew your REP or if this is a new passport, you need to transfer your REP. Try the links below, login with your SingPass, see if you can't get it straightened out.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_renew

https://www.ica.gov.sg/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_apply

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:50 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Your re-entry permit is always associated with your travel document, ie, your passport. Do you have a passport? Do you not have a REP in it? How do you know you even have a REP?
Having re-read the original post .... I am now wondering what the OP has been doing since birth when a renewal has been coming up.

If they are working I assume they are 20+ years old so would have done 2 or 3 renewals minimum.

Maybe something lost in translation somewhere.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

syuu

Post by syuu » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:29 am

Barnsley wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Your re-entry permit is always associated with your travel document, ie, your passport. Do you have a passport? Do you not have a REP in it? How do you know you even have a REP?
Having re-read the original post .... I am now wondering what the OP has been doing since birth when a renewal has been coming up.

If they are working I assume they are 20+ years old so would have done 2 or 3 renewals minimum.

Maybe something lost in translation somewhere.
I think you are the one confused here. Entry permit =/= Re-entry permit. Entry permit is the paper that ICA issue when you get your permanent residency ie the proof for the date you become PR.

syuu

Post by syuu » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:30 am

If not, you need to renew your REP or if this is a new passport, you need to transfer your REP. Try the links below, login with your SingPass, see if you can't get it straightened out.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_renew

https://www.ica.gov.sg/PR/reentry/PR_reentry_apply
Entry permit =/= Re-entry permit.

syuu

Post by syuu » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:38 am

I don't know if people on this forum are pure ignorant or just stupid. I made a simple post about ENTRY PERMIT but everyone thinks I'm talking about REP. They are NOT the same.

More stupidly, people thinks I'm crying over it. Like dude, is this something cry-worthy? I'm just trying to see if anyone has similar experience with me but I guess not.

Even though I didn't receive any useful information here, now I know why so many people here got their PR or SC applications rejected.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:50 am

No, what is stupid is you getting into a huff because we told you to get off your arse and go down to ICA. Singapore is a small island that can be traversed in less than one hour. The train stops right beside ICA at Kallang and you are whining about how far it is. That is what is stupid.

I made absolutely no reference to whether it was an entry permit or r.e.p. And yes, I have my Entry Permit that I received some 25 years ago.

Now get up off yer arse and go to ICA instead of whining on here about it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:54 am

syuu wrote:I don't know if people on this forum are pure ignorant or just stupid. I made a simple post about ENTRY PERMIT but everyone thinks I'm talking about REP. They are NOT the same.

More stupidly, people thinks I'm crying over it. Like dude, is this something cry-worthy? I'm just trying to see if anyone has similar experience with me but I guess not.

Even though I didn't receive any useful information here, now I know why so many people here got their PR or SC applications rejected.
Are you referring to the Depature Entry Card? If so, you can use a blank one I believe (just take the number off it and hand in when leaving).

As for the failed PR/SC guys they are all back in India or China. The ONLY reason you're a PR sprog is because of your parents. I hope you kiss their feet every night.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 1:03 pm

PNGMK wrote:
syuu wrote:I don't know if people on this forum are pure ignorant or just stupid. I made a simple post about ENTRY PERMIT but everyone thinks I'm talking about REP. They are NOT the same.

Are you referring to the Depature Entry Card? If so, you can use a blank one I believe (just take the number off it and hand in when leaving).

As for the failed PR/SC guys they are all back in India or China. The ONLY reason you're a PR sprog is because of your parents. I hope you kiss their feet every night.
Nah... he's actually referring to Form 5. It used to be printed on yellow paper with a photo attached and mailed to you. Then it went to plain white A4 paper with a xerox'ed photo. I didn't even get one of those... I got a stamp in my passport when I went from EP to PR... and right next to it, my REP.

It's pretty clear that his employer can't tell how long he's been a PR from whatever the hell he submitted to them. Mr. Smarty has chosen to ignore Mr. Stupid (me) and not check out the ICA website for renewals. There were (when I was a PR) several documents that could be downloaded and printed, including a REP and other information which might provide the information the employer wants.

OP should consider himself fortunate that his potential employer isn't reading this thread... he'd be dumped.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 3:44 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: Nah... he's actually referring to Form 5. It used to be printed on yellow paper with a photo attached and mailed to you. Then it went to plain white A4 paper with a xerox'ed photo. I didn't even get one of those... I got a stamp in my passport when I went from EP to PR... and right next to it, my REP.

OP should consider himself fortunate that his potential employer isn't reading this thread... he'd be dumped.
Yeah, I'm old school. I've still got mine. The yellow one.

I thought the same thing about the employer reading this thread. It's pretty obvious the OP doesn't care whether (s)he gets the job or not. Sounds like a real strawberry to me.

bloodymary

Post by bloodymary » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 5:44 pm

Hi @syuu, did you managed to get your entry permit? If yes, how ya? Thanks in advance.