Singapore Expats

Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Post by bgd » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 6:40 pm

AmalNaik wrote:Hi! We wanted to finalize a unit at 23 Reflections @ Keppel Bay and wanted to know how far is Telok Blangah bus stop in terms of distance in meters. My agent mentioned that it takes just 5 mins of walk from the side gate. Can someone help if this is correct, please? Thanks much!

"I commute to Orchard every day and it takes about 35 mins. I walk to Telok Blangah MRT station as it's only a 5 minute walk from the side gate (which is also the quickest way to the bus stop) "

That is from this thread, so I guess your agent is correct.

Search By

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:05 am

AmalNaik wrote:Hi! We wanted to finalize a unit at 23 Reflections @ Keppel Bay and wanted to know how far is Telok Blangah bus stop in terms of distance in meters. My agent mentioned that it takes just 5 mins of walk from the side gate. Can someone help if this is correct, please? Thanks much!
To be realistic, the walk from the Reflections entrance to Telok Blangah MRT is closer to 10 minutes than 5 minutes. If you are going into town, the best and most convenient way to do so is to simply cross Telok Blangah Road via the pedestrian crossing to the bus stop next to the Christian Community Chapel. That really is just 5 minutes walk from the Reflections entrance.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 8:54 am

You have probably finalised it by now but the side gate only makes sense if you live at the tower unit (which you are). It does offer a short cut but not a huge margin. Still 10 minutes to the bus stop or MRT station, please pray that the sun isn't hot and there's no rain when you walk. I wished I lived at Reflections when the Mobikes were here. I cursed and cursed the walk each time it rained etc. Now the shared bikes would have made my time in Reflections more practical.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re:

Post by abbby » Thu, 09 Jul 2020 2:15 pm

Kayatoast wrote:
Sun, 10 Nov 2013 8:43 pm
We have been living in Reflections for almost 2 months. We initially wanted to move to the Caribbean but there weren't many options available there and we felt that we could get better value for money at Reflections. We are from the UK and have a 1 year old girl.

The units vary quite a bit in size, as do the positions of the pillars. We don't have a pillar in our apartment. We are technically in a 2 bed plus study, which we found more practical than a 3 bed. We use the utility room as our little girl's bedroom (it has a window, is a workable size and she seems to like it) and then we have a separate room for the computer which is handy when I'm working from home.

I commute to Orchard every day and it takes about 35 mins. I walk to Telok Blangah MRT station as it's only a 5 minute walk from the side gate (which is also the quickest way to the bus stop) - I find the shuttle bus more useful coming in the opposite direction. It's a lovely walk from Harbourfront/Vivocity, though - only 15 mins and lovely views. We don't have a car and don't think we need one. The Streetdirectory website is great for finding out how long it takes to get from A to B.

Aside from the obvious places at the malls there are some good places to eat at the marina, the Keppel Club (the restaurants are open to non-members), a hawker centre at Telok Blangah and a seafood restaurant 10 mins away in Labrador Park. It's great to be able to get to some of these places without going near a road. The shop in the condo is handy and charges similar prices to Cold Storage.

We spent 3 years in the east Coast and loved it but wanted a change. We certainly have no regrets so far!

Good luck with your search!
Is it really a 5 minute walk from Telok blangah MRT? It looks like at 12-15 min walk from the telok blangah mrt to the Reflections guard house...
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Re:

Post by Addadude » Thu, 09 Jul 2020 4:42 pm

abbby wrote:
Thu, 09 Jul 2020 2:15 pm
7 - 10 mins depending on your walking speed... plus where you live in Reflections as well - that's one big compound!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Re:

Post by abbby » Thu, 09 Jul 2020 5:24 pm

Addadude wrote:
Thu, 09 Jul 2020 4:42 pm
abbby wrote:
Thu, 09 Jul 2020 2:15 pm
7 - 10 mins depending on your walking speed... plus where you live in Reflections as well - that's one big compound!
Thanks! Yes, very lovely and big compound. Pretty cool that it's between two MRT stops (Telok Blangah and Harbourfront MRT).
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)