Singapore Expats Forum

Chatsworth or Nexus International School

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Moudev

Chatsworth or Nexus International School

Postby Moudev » Fri, 09 Feb 2018 6:07 pm

Hello ladies.
We will soon be shifting our base to Singapore from germnay...I am really confused given that there are so many IB schools in Singapore....I have sorted out a few , of which the above mentioned schools are what I want t know about ... if anyone has any kind of experience, how the school campus is, about the ECA,or any kind of experiences you had ( good/ bad) it would be really very helpful ...
Thank you in advance....

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: Chatsworth or Nexus International School

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 11 Feb 2018 8:25 am

Moudev wrote:Hello ladies.
We will soon be shifting our base to Singapore from germnay...I am really confused given that there are so many IB schools in Singapore....I have sorted out a few , of which the above mentioned schools are what I want t know about ... if anyone has any kind of experience, how the school campus is, about the ECA,or any kind of experiences you had ( good/ bad) it would be really very helpful ...
Thank you in advance....

I'm a man so I'm not qualified to answer but here's some help.

Pick a NOT FOR PROFIT above a FOR PROFIT

Use this site to find IB schools:

http://www.ibo.org/programmes/find-an-i ... oolGender=
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA

btopping13

Re: Chatsworth or Nexus International School

Postby btopping13 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 9:11 pm

my daughter went to Chatsworth Orchard but then moves as she was not getting on with the MYP. I was drawn to Chatsworth also, because my daughter went to a small private school in the uk, which was great! Chatsworth is very small, so you do feel like you know everyone or at least know of them! My son also used to go to Chatsworth Orchard but did PYP and he did extremely well. My only reasoning for him also leaving (after he finished yr 6) was because I had heard from a few mothers previously that they thought Chatsworth was better for Primary and Junior then it was for Senior (< Which I had kind of experienced with my daughter, which I think may have been partly the reason she couldn't adapt).

However, I do know a few of my daughters friends mums that have grown up doing all the "YP's", that still have their children at Chatsworth and apparently they are doing very well. In my honest opinion, I would recommend you send your child there if they have already experienced MYP or if they are younger, then I think you won't have much of a problem, as PYP seems to be more adaptable, which will help your child easily adapt to MYP. I do not recommend doing the english structure and then switching to MYP as I feel like they are completely different, but if your child is used to switching, then do what you thinks best.

It had a lovely atmosphere and teachers were good, just think some kids may find it harder to adapt then others.