Singapore Expats

Working visa

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Meditator

Working visa

Post by Meditator » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 8:39 am

Hey Mad Scientist

If I am an SG cit... While pursueing my citizenship in NZ, will I by any chance disrupt my citizenship process if I apply or already have a Korean work visa?

Ty in advance
This is harder to research and...
I look forward to your reply :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Working visa

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 9:28 am

Meditator wrote:Hey Mad Scientist

If I am an SG cit... While pursueing my citizenship in NZ, will I by any chance disrupt my citizenship process if I apply or already have a Korean work visa?

Ty in advance
What do you mean "if I am SG cit.." If you want me to pick my brain shoot straight or else I am out of here.
Tell me clearly your plan
Disrupt which citizenship?
Do you or do you not have a Korean work visa ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Meditator

Post by Meditator » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 1:41 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
Meditator wrote:Hey Mad Scientist

Ty in advance
What do you mean "if I am SG cit.." If you want me to pick my brain shoot straight or else I am out of here.
Tell me clearly your plan
Disrupt which citizenship?
Do you or do you not have a Korean work visa ?
I mean I am SG Cit.

When I applied for NZ Citizenship and I choose to apply for Korean work visa... Will it affect or disrupt my citizenship process in NZ?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 04 Feb 2018 5:02 am

Meditator wrote: I mean I am SG Cit.

When I applied for NZ Citizenship and I choose to apply for Korean work visa... Will it affect or disrupt my citizenship process in NZ?
First and foremost, NZ immigration laws and guidelines has changed dramatically over the past 10 years. It is getting harder now as the new Labour Led Government is hellbent to reduce the migration from 72,000 approx. a year to under 30,000 or even less as I can't remember the figures exactly in the next few years. That is half net migration, so go figure!!

1. NZ PRship rules require you to stay at least 186 days a year to be valid for citizenship application
2. If you want to retain your Prship alone you need to return to NZ at least a few days a year ( I cannot verify the exact days but this is based on close friends info)
3. Every PRship has its own set of guidelines for every individual applicant
4. Based on this you need to be in NZ for a two years based on your number of days in NZ before they can issue you the citizenship.
5. Yes, you can apply but you will not get it as you did not satisfy the number of days in NZ
6. How long before it expires , I don't know
7. I don't know about Korean work visa but I have read many Malaysian looking for work there got stung with its law
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!