Singapore Expats

Special Situation

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Meditator

Special Situation

Post by Meditator » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 2:00 pm

Hi everyone.

If I am an SG citizen with NZ PR... And i plan to apply for exit permit and NZ citizenship in the process in one go.

At the same time I wwnt to apply for Korean pr and Citizenship and marry a Korean spouse.

Now the tough thing is NZ allows Dual Cit and Korea allows it on a req basis. SG does not allow Dual Cit. I plan to get the two other citizenships not tell SG Anything and then give SG citizenship up to rid myself of NS Rights and to grant future gen for another life.

I dont plan to settle in SEA.

How should I go about this?
Ty to whoever answers this.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Special Situation

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 2:36 pm

Meditator wrote:Hi everyone.

If I am an SG citizen with NZ PR... And i plan to apply for exit permit and NZ citizenship in the process in one go.

At the same time I wwnt to apply for Korean pr and Citizenship and marry a Korean spouse.

Now the tough thing is NZ allows Dual Cit and Korea allows it on a req basis. SG does not allow Dual Cit. I plan to get the two other citizenships not tell SG Anything and then give SG citizenship up to rid myself of NS Rights and to grant future gen for another life.

I dont plan to settle in SEA.

How should I go about this?
Ty to whoever answers this.
QFP

Move to NZ, take up NZ citizenship then worry about Korean (use NZ citizenship as basis for applying for Korea).

You may find that you cannot get rid of Singapore citizenship (renounce) if there are "outstanding issues with CMPB" (i.e. NS issues). There is a very specific protocol to be followed to renounce SC - google is your friend. Furthermore you cannot renounce SC without showing proof that you have another citizenship due to Singapore's obligations under the UN Convention of Statelessness. You can certainly take up NZ or Koren citizenship without giving up SC but it's quite difficult to extinguish an NS obligation prematurely.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 8:50 pm

Which means, all you have to do is transit Singapore in another year or two and they will be able to pick you up while you are still in the transit lounge. Currently all you have to watch out for is trying to come through immigration where they will pick you up for sure. Especially if your place of birth is Singapore. The 5 main databases of singapore are all links together now and only needs one query intered by Immigration and all 5 will be accessed. You problem would be the fact that very few people are born here annually. You race further reduces the number of potentials, your DOB really cuts it down and then all that's left is the deceased register and the numbers that are left who appear in the CMPB are liable to be counted on one or two fingers. Surely enough to pull you out of line and into the little room (interrogation room) at the airport itself. Then, as they say, "the jigs up". You will get a free ride downtown but won't get any chances to shop or macan anywhere as you will be on the way to the slammer as a NS defaulters. Now I understand there will be harsher punishments than just a fine, including jail time as well.

All you need is to just happen to be on a diverted flight or a flight with mechanic problems and touch down in Singapore and you will be given free room and board. Think carefully what your are planning as is could and probably will come back to bite you in the arse bigtime.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Meditator

Post by Meditator » Tue, 30 Jan 2018 9:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Which means, all you have to do is transit Singapore in another year or two and they will be able to pick you up while you are still in the transit lounge. Currently all you have to watch out for is trying to come through immigration where they will pick you up for sure. Especially if your place of birth is Singapore. The 5 main databases of singapore are all links together now and only needs one query intered by Immigration and all 5 will be accessed. You problem would be the fact that very few people are born here annually. You race further reduces the number of potentials, your DOB really cuts it down and then all that's left is the deceased register and the numbers that are left who appear in the CMPB are liable to be counted on one or two fingers. Surely enough to pull you out of line and into the little room (interrogation room) at the airport itself. Then, as they say, "the jigs up". You will get a free ride downtown but won't get any chances to shop or macan anywhere as you will be on the way to the slammer as a NS defaulters. Now I understand there will be harsher punishments than just a fine, including jail time as well.

All you need is to just happen to be on a diverted flight or a flight with mechanic problems and touch down in Singapore and you will be given free room and board. Think carefully what your are planning as is could and probably will come back to bite you in the arse bigtime.
Given that in my case I have completed full time service and I want to skip reservist if any. I plan to apply for EP for five years and apply for NZ citizenship... Then reapply and state that i have a job overseas. Then apply for Korean pr...find a korean wife then get korean cit.. Then give up sg cit for life.

I apologise for not stating that I have done full time service. How should I go about this. I welcome the best advices here. Ty in advance

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 30 Jan 2018 9:54 am

If you have completed NS then you can certainly migrate. Speak to CMPB about the correct procedure or perhaps be prepared to return to do your ICT etc.

Without clearance from CMPB you can never renounce Singapore citizenship.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 7:34 am

Meditator wrote:
Given that in my case I have completed full time service and I want to skip reservist if any. I plan to apply for EP for five years and apply for NZ citizenship... Then reapply and state that i have a job overseas. Then apply for Korean pr...find a korean wife then get korean cit.. Then give up sg cit for life.

I apologise for not stating that I have done full time service. How should I go about this. I welcome the best advices here. Ty in advance
Ok hotshot. These is how is done for reservist pathways

1. Your reservist kicks in after two years from your NS ROD. This is the lull period
2. You have either 13 year till 40 or plus 7 years cycle till 50 for Officers
3. To completely get out of reservist is not impossible but i don't recommend it especially nearing age 40 you will be haul back to finish all your dues at one hit or spread out in One year once they knew you are back in town. I know this as there was a welcoming party for me when I returned back to Singapore.
4, Do 5 in camp . Five high and five lows when you are still young then you scoot
5. Make sure you have valid employment or business company overseas that warrants you to be OVERSEAS
6. Do this till you finish your 13 year cycle
7. Don't stay in Singapore for more than 30 days
8. Make sure apply exit for One Year and 364 days or less so as not to attract attention.
9. Overseas residence as reason to stay overseas does not cut the mustard. Been there and done that.
10.Get your NZ citizenship then renounce Sin
11. I recommend to do this after you got your release letter from CMPB at the end of your 13 year cycle which is about age of 40. This makes it less messy as the renunciation papers can be daunting if they found out that you have not finish your cycle
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:14 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
Meditator wrote:

1. Your reservist kicks in after two years from your NS ROD. This is the lull period
3. To completely get out of reservist is not impossible but i don't recommend it especially nearing age 40 you will be haul back to finish all your dues at one hit or spread out in One year once they knew you are back in town. I know this as there was a welcoming party for me when I returned back to Singapore.
4, Do 5 in camp . Five high and five lows when you are still young then you scoot
5. Make sure you have valid employment or business company overseas that warrants you to be OVERSEAS
8. Make sure apply exit for One Year and 364 days or less so as not to attract attention.
9. Overseas residence as reason to stay overseas does not cut the mustard. Been there and done that.
11. I recommend to do this after you got your release letter from CMPB at the end of your 13 year cycle which is about age of 40. This makes it less messy as the renunciation papers can be daunting if they found out that you have not finish your cycle
Mods- this needs to be a sticky as I have found it useful.

Meditator

Post by Meditator » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 12:44 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
Meditator wrote:

Mods- this needs to be a sticky as I have found it useful.

Hey Mad Scientist,

I plan to get a diploma.. While applying for EP. After I am done with my dip.. I plan to get citizenship in NZ. I would be around 34 by then.

Okay I am about to ask some serious questions:

1) Should I or should I not come back to SG to settle my NS matters whether I am called back or not?
2) If I come back to SG, should I approach CMPB to clarify any reservist matters whatever the outcome is or should I not do so?
3) How should I react if I receive a letter or email from Mindef while I am overseas working fulltime and obtaining NZ Citizenship (If I am still on a valid exit permit)

PS: I was not from frontline combat, combat fit, obese batch or clerical unit

I look forward to your interesting reply :)
Ty in advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 4:40 pm

Meditator wrote:
PNGMK wrote:[quote="Mad Sci

Hey Mad Scientist,

I plan to get a diploma.. While applying for EP. After I am done with my dip.. I plan to get citizenship in NZ. I would be around 34 by then.

You confused me. Where do you want to do your diploma ? Sin or NZ, If NZ might as well do your tertiary. Bloody new labour led government is providing first year free tuition fees in NZ. You are a PR hence you qualify.
If you do this yes, CMPB will accept your reason to be away from Singapore and deferred for reservist. But.....there's always the butt. You cannot travel back to Sin as frequent as it will raised eyebrows at the border crossing. Overseas Tertiary is allowed for deferment away from reservist call up but the travel frequency is from memory on twice a year

Okay I am about to ask some serious questions:

1) Should I or should I not come back to SG to settle my NS matters whether I am called back or not?
Nah, do it online
2) If I come back to SG, should I approach CMPB to clarify any reservist matters whatever the outcome is or should I not do so?
On line first

3) How should I react if I receive a letter or email from Mindef while I am overseas working fulltime and obtaining NZ Citizenship (If I am still on a valid exit permit)

Read and keep calm

PS: I was not from frontline combat, combat fit, obese batch or clerical unit

I look forward to your interesting reply :)
Ty in advance
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 9:36 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
emma08482 wrote:special situations are to represent are life again to alive , that situation are never goes out thoughts are come insights , this is moments are remember hole life. :-"
Hey Muppet !!

Get your big fat bump of this post. God damn goons
Hey my friend, Good to see yer still kickin'! Happy New Year. Oh, it's gone now. You want me to delete yer post? :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 9:32 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Hey my friend, Good to see yer still kickin'! Happy New Year. Oh, it's gone now. You want me to delete yer post? :mrgreen:

I am good mate . Just came back from Malmo. Hate the winter but no choice-lah have to please the wife or else...............
Off to Wooloogong soon to see my daughters and my grandchildren

Yeah , delete my post for old time sake................. that will regurgitate memories

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 12 Mar 2018 5:46 pm

Meditator wrote: At the same time I wwnt to... marry a Korean spouse.
후회되다!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam