Singapore Expats

REP expired while overseas Please advise....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
papercuptrees

Re: REP expired while overseas Please advise....

Post by papercuptrees » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 4:17 pm

PNGMK wrote:You're a bit of a twit. You're studying at university where presumably you have to get things in on time and you mess up what is arguably the most important thing a PR has to do on time....
Well i admit i should have been more alert...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:56 pm

Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

papercuptrees

Post by papercuptrees » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck
Good evening,
Yes, I definitely wont let this happen ever again. Thank you so much for your replies sundaymorningstaple! I know Its my mistake for being so absentminded and all, especially with government matters.. I hope things will work out smoothly..
Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much once again :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 8:42 am

papercuptrees wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck
Good evening,
Yes, I definitely wont let this happen ever again. Thank you so much for your replies sundaymorningstaple! I know Its my mistake for being so absentminded and all, especially with government matters.. I hope things will work out smoothly..
Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much once again :)
Cheers.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

komorebi11

Post by komorebi11 » Wed, 09 Jan 2019 9:40 pm

Hello..!
I'm actually in a similar situation right now... can I know how this got resolved??

bizibili

Post by bizibili » Sun, 17 Feb 2019 3:59 am

Hi
I also facing the same problem. REP expire in 1 month and got rejected.
Is there any solution? :(

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 17 Feb 2019 9:33 am

bizibili wrote:Hi
Are you living outside of Singapore? Have you been away from Singapore a long time?

bizibili

Post by bizibili » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 3:12 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Are you living outside of Singapore? Have you been away from Singapore a long time?
I live outside of Singapore due to study. I have been away for about 4 years and still have another 2 years to complete my PHD. I have signed a bond with a Singapore company and have to go back after graduation.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 Feb 2019 2:16 am

bizibili wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
I live outside of Singapore due to study. I have been away for about 4 years and still have another 2 years to complete my PHD. I have signed a bond with a Singapore company and have to go back after graduation.
I have signed a bond with a Singapore company and have to go back after graduation.
-- This does not mean they must retain your PR. You can still serve this being on an EP or pay the penalty for breaking the bond.

If you had explained to ICA before you left overseas for your education, it would have been easy.

Anyway write to ICA and try an appeal. No guarantees.

Yan112

Post by Yan112 » Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:40 pm

Hi, I'm facing a similar situation. I'm currently on a one-year oversea exchange program. I just found out that my REP expired back in July 2019 :(. However, I can only go back to reapply in person in Singapore in December 2019. So I'm not sure if this will affect my PR status.. I had a 5-year REP and I still have 1 more semester left at NUS till I graduate. Papercuptrees, may I know how did your process with the ICA went?
Thanks in advance!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Oct 2019 9:59 am

Yan112 wrote:
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:40 pm
Hi, I'm facing a similar situation. I'm currently on a one-year oversea exchange program. I just found out that my REP expired back in July 2019 :(. However, I can only go back to reapply in person in Singapore in December 2019. So I'm not sure if this will affect my PR status.. I had a 5-year REP and I still have 1 more semester left at NUS till I graduate. Papercuptrees, may I know how did your process with the ICA went?
Thanks in advance!
Do you have a singapore high commision in the country where you are now? approach them ASAP.