Singapore Expats

Info on going to JB for my wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Chaorenz

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Post by Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 4:06 pm

vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:Hi thanks for the reply,what is the status of your application?Did you get the Long term pass already?
Hi, yes. Total time taken for my wife took about 1 month. She waiting for her letter of consent to start working.
If you didnt do the Pre Ltvp , it might be slightly longer.
Do we need to submit some documents after our application online? but when we apply for long term pass online while ago, we agree to another extension, for what we understand is, are we going to apply for extension again, but when we check our application says that long term pass and extension for a social visit receiving attention,. Do you think it will affect our long term application?
sorry if i ask alot
Yes they will review your 14b and all these need to bring down for appointment. Once everything submited , then u will need to go for medical check. Once medical clear then they will issue u your Ltvp on the spot.

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 4:09 pm

You can only extend up to 89 days including the days when you first arrive. So if the ltvp cannot make it in time , you would need to inform ICA , depending if they allow u to stay longer if not u would need to fly back and come back to sg again. As u didnt do ur pre ltvp , the wait estimated is up to 6 month. When u apply your ltvp they will know that you had already did your extension.

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 4:34 pm

Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
Hi, yes. Total time taken for my wife took about 1 month. She waiting for her letter of consent to start working.
If you didnt do the Pre Ltvp , it might be slightly longer.
Do we need to submit some documents after our application online? but when we apply for long term pass online while ago, we agree to another extension, for what we understand is, are we going to apply for extension again, but when we check our application says that long term pass and extension for a social visit receiving attention,. Do you think it will affect our long term application?
sorry if i ask alot
Yes they will review your 14b and all these need to bring down for appointment. Once everything submited , then u will need to go for medical check. Once medical clear then they will issue u your Ltvp on the spot.
ica will call us for the submission of requirements?thank you

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 4:42 pm

vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:
sorry if i ask alot
Nope, they will email you. For mine it was quite fast. No problem.

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 4:57 pm

Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
Thank you :)

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 5:00 pm

vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:
Thank you :)
No problem haha

misschiu

Post by misschiu » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 1:57 am

This is my experience.
I have applied pre LTVP (waiting time around 1week)
In singapore use tourist visit pass 1 month, after that we got married. And we go ICA for extend visa. ICA give me 89days, and we go online applied LTVP, after around 2 weeks my LTVP has been approved. ICA give me LTVP for 1years. I’m going apply PR soon.

*when you apply ONLINE LTVP dont need upload any documents.
Just wait until ICA approve your LTVP and bring your original and copy documents to ICA directly.

If you never apply pre marriage long term visit pass, you must wait longer. Up to 6 months. Like my friend she wait for 3months

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 4:48 pm

misschiu wrote:This is my experience.
In singapore use tourist visit pass 1 month, after that we got married. And we go ICA for extend visa. ICA give me 89days, and we go online applied LTVP, after around 2 weeks my LTVP has been approved. ICA give me LTVP for 1years. I’m going apply PR soon.

Just wait until ICA approve your LTVP and bring your original and copy documents to ICA directly.

If you never apply pre marriage long term visit pass, you must wait longer. Up to 6 months. Like my friend she wait for 3months
Hi ica gave me 30days extension only.
once LTVP approved thats only the time we submit documents?not during the processing period?

Thank You

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 4:53 pm

vanessagan wrote:

once LTVP approved thats only the time we submit documents?not during the processing period?

Thank You
It during the processing period which you need to go down with the printout of 14b and the rest of the photocopy needed for the appointment. Then you would receive this IPA which will tell you to do a medical check up. Once clear book a appointment with Ica , if all is good to go for your medical appointment , you will receive your LTVP on that day itself.

Do take note as you didnt do your pre assessment , waiting time for the whole process may take up to 6 month. It stated in the ICA website.

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 7:39 pm

Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:

Thank You
It during the processing period which you need to go down with the printout of 14b and the rest of the photocopy needed for the appointment. Then you would receive this IPA which will tell you to do a medical check up. Once clear book a appointment with Ica , if all is good to go for your medical appointment , you will receive your LTVP on that day itself.

Do take note as you didnt do your pre assessment , waiting time for the whole process may take up to 6 month. It stated in the ICA website.
Hi once i submit the documents in ICA how long is the waiting time.thank You

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 8:12 pm

vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote: Hi ica gave me 30days extension only.

Thank You

Hi once i submit the documents in ICA how long is the waiting time.thank You

What did u submit?

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:07 pm

hi ICA inform us to send documents for the long term pass appointment will be nextweek,once we submit those documents how long more we need to wait.thanks

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:12 pm

vanessagan wrote:hi ICA inform us to send documents for the long term pass appointment will be nextweek,once we submit those documents how long more we need to wait.thanks
Have u done your medical?

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:32 pm

Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:hi ICA inform us to send documents for the long term pass appointment will be nextweek,once we submit those documents how long more we need to wait.thanks

they did not ask me to go medical yet,they just email us to submit some documents

Chaorenz

Post by Chaorenz » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:45 pm

vanessagan wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:

they did not ask me to go medical yet,they just email us to submit some documents

I remember once i submited the document it only take me 1-2 days before they ask me to do a medical check up and paid the visa multiple trip online. That equal to a In Principal Approval . After i did the medical we book the next avaliable date to submit the result and got the LTVP pass on that day itself.