Singapore Expats

SC husband/China wife - apply for last minute visa, or wait?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
buggy.88

SC husband/China wife - apply for last minute visa, or wait?

Post by buggy.88 » Sun, 14 Jan 2018 7:55 pm

I married my Chinese wife last month. She will move over when renovations for our new home is complete. We already have Pre-marriage LTVP assessment passed.

She has already bought a ticket to visit me this Friday for a weekend, and also to apply for LTVP.

Her previous visa had expired. The visa agency told her she won't get a new visa on time if applying through them. I can't apply for her as a sponsor yet, because I am worried about disprecancies of my marital status may lead to visa rejection (and subsequently endanger her LTVP later on) - the e-Visa asked for "spouse's NRIC", I have married in China, but I haven't updated my marital status with the SG authorities, as I only got the notarized English translation of my marriage cert last Friday afternoon. Already emailed ICA my translated marriage cert, but I don't know when they will reply.

If I manage to have my marital status updated just on time, say this Mon or Tue, would it safe for me to apply for visa as a sponsor so she can come on Fri? Or is it better to delay? I hope this trip can work, because if not, she will be busy from next week onwards in China until after Chinese New Year -
by then we should be ready to move - that's a one month delay. The sooner we get the LTVP part settled, I feel more reassured.