Singapore Expats

waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wwww
Regular
Regular

waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Post by wwww » Thu, 09 Mar 2017 9:46 pm

Me, my wife and my son we are all PR. Our daughter was born in Singapore last November. We also applied for a PR for her. We were issued a short term visit pass for our daughter which expires after three months. I just applied for an extension of the short term visit pass for her online through e-xtend.

The extension was declined! We are all PR and our newborn has to leave the country by the end of the month. How does this make sense?

Any idea how this could have happened and what I can do next? :???:

Thank you all
Last edited by wwww on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Re: waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Post by wwww » Thu, 09 Mar 2017 10:23 pm

on second thought, I may have misread the handwritten DE number on the immigration card given to me by the officer. Is it possible that they simply decline the application if the data is incorrect? :)
Last edited by wwww on Thu, 09 Mar 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Re: waiting for PR application for newborn - short term visit pass extension declined

Post by x9200 » Thu, 09 Mar 2017 10:24 pm

wwww wrote:Me, my wife and my son we are all PR. Our daughter was born in Singapore last November. We also applied for a PR for her. We were issued a short term visit pass for our daughter which expires after three months. I just applied for an extension of the short term visit pass for her online through e-xtend.

The extension was declined! We are all PR and our newborn has to leave the country by the end of the month. How does this make sense?

We are a Swiss/Japanese couple, I did my Masters in Singapore and we've been living here for 8 years. I am shocked.

Thank you all
You should have applied for LTVP shortly after you applied for PR. I am surprised the front desk clerk didn't advise this to you. Do it ASAP, perhaps they will still manage to process it before the STVP expires.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Thu, 09 Mar 2017 10:34 pm

x9200 wrote:
wwww wrote:Me, my wife and my son we are all PR. Our daughter was born in Singapore last November. We also applied for a PR for her. We were issued a short term visit pass for our daughter which expires after three months. I just applied for an extension of the short term visit pass for her online through e-xtend.

We are a Swiss/Japanese couple, I did my Masters in Singapore and we've been living here for 8 years. I am shocked.

Thank you all
You should have applied for LTVP shortly after you applied for PR. I am surprised the front desk clerk didn't advise this to you. Do it ASAP, perhaps they will still manage to process it before the STVP expires.
We are leaving for an overseas trip in about three weeks anyway, a LTVP will not make sense. We just need to extend the STVP for a few more days until we leave.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Mar 2017 7:30 am

Really? And what if it is going to take half a year to get the PR? What if she never gets it? What if she is refused the next entry to Singapore back from your trip? Your current problems are also related to this failure but ultimately these are your problems.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Fri, 10 Mar 2017 2:01 pm

x9200 wrote:Really? And what if it is going to take half a year to get the PR? What if she never gets it? What if she is refused the next entry to Singapore back from your trip? Your current problems are also related to this failure but ultimately these are your problems.
We did exactly the same for our first born and we had no problem.

Anyway, the mistery has been resolved. We went to ICA today and asked, we were told that the e-extend site can't be used for our case (baby born in Singapore waiting for PR). We need to get an extension from the ICA counter three days before the current STVP expires.

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 9:40 am

Hi wwww,

I am Singapore PR and we are also expecting a baby in the next few months. Can you share what is the process to apply PR for newborn? Thank you.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:33 am

streetvendor38 wrote:Hi wwww,

I am Singapore PR and we are also expecting a baby in the next few months. Can you share what is the process to apply PR for newborn? Thank you.
You need to apply for your newborn's passport asap. Once you receive it you just complete the usual PR application form (form 4 if I remember right..) and all accompanying documents from the sponsor. Once the documents are ready you can do a walk-in application at ICA. There is no online appointment required for applying PR for newborns.

By the way, we just renewed her STVP at ICA, no issue and no questions asked.

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:51 am

wwww wrote:

You need to apply for your newborn's passport asap. Once you receive it you just complete the usual PR application form (form 4 if I remember right..) and all accompanying documents from the sponsor. Once the documents are ready you can do a walk-in application at ICA. There is no online appointment required for applying PR for newborns.

Hi wwww,

Thank you for the prompt reply. My wife is still on LTVP (PR rejected 3 times). I wonder will it be possible (and better) to apply PR for her (4th time) in the same application. This is because I realise there is a portion in Form 4 requiring details of applicant's parents and asking whether the person is applying PR with the applicant. Or I just apply PR for my baby first and my wife later on?

Another question is : To play safe, is it possible to apply PR and LTVP at the same time for newborn?

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:19 am

streetvendor38 wrote:
wwww wrote:

Hi wwww,

Thank you for the prompt reply. My wife is still on LTVP (PR rejected 3 times). I wonder will it be possible (and better) to apply PR for her (4th time) in the same application. This is because I realise there is a portion in Form 4 requiring details of applicant's parents and asking whether the person is applying PR with the applicant. Or I just apply PR for my baby first and my wife later on?

Another question is : To play safe, is it possible to apply PR and LTVP at the same time for newborn?
Your chances are generally better if the entire family applies together (hence wife and baby).

Yes you can apply for both PR and LTVP.

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:43 am

wwww wrote:
streetvendor38 wrote:
wwww wrote:

Hi wwww,

Your chances are generally better if the entire family applies together (hence wife and baby).

Hi wwww,

Yes I also think that it is better if the entire family applies together. However I usually see parents apply PR then include their children in the same application but not the other way round? Form 4 actually has a section for applicant to include their children but I don't see the otherway round where applicant (the newborn) can include his/her mother as an PR applicant. And I am not sure whether my wife need an appointment or can just tap on the newborn application .... Not sure if anybody has done this before.

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:55 am

streetvendor38 wrote:
wwww wrote:
streetvendor38 wrote:
Hi wwww,

Hi wwww,

Yes I also think that it is better if the entire family applies together. However I usually see parents apply PR then include their children in the same application but not the other way round? Form 4 actually has a section for applicant to include their children but I don't see the otherway round where applicant (the newborn) can include his/her mother as an PR applicant. And I am not sure whether my wife need an appointment or can just tap on the newborn application .... Not sure if anybody has done this before.
My wife was already PR when we applied for the kids' PR, so I have no experience with this. The best way to find out will be to drop a mail to ICA and ask

streetvendor38

Post by streetvendor38 » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:01 pm

Hi wwww,

Noted and thanks for the info.

rajeshkmr

Post by rajeshkmr » Fri, 12 Jan 2018 5:14 pm

wwww wrote:
streetvendor38 wrote:
wwww wrote:

Hi wwww,

My wife was already PR when we applied for the kids' PR, so I have no experience with this. The best way to find out will be to drop a mail to ICA and ask
For how long did ICA provide the extension and did you get the PR Application result before the subsequent expiry?

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 3:12 pm

wwww wrote:

Hi All - my LO (little one) is still awaiting the PR. The LO was born in Singapore to 2 married (legit.), SPR parents (who both got PR as a family the prior year). The child already has an LTVP. We submitted the child's PR application online successfully, ~1+ months after birth. It is now 7+ months and status still pending. We made an inquiry to immigration, and they told us the application is still being processed.

Has anyone had any experience with their newborn child's PR taking longer than 6 months to be approved? Is there a possibility for the PR to be rejected even when the entire family is already PR?