Singapore Expats

Police Reports

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Police Reports

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 25 Dec 2017 7:24 pm

Can you find out if you have had a report filed against you?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Police Reports

Post by bgd » Tue, 26 Dec 2017 4:51 pm

Hope she was pretty :cool:

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 26 Dec 2017 5:16 pm

bgd wrote:Hope she was pretty :cool:
[-X [-X [-X [-X

Doesn't involve me , but I was just wondering as there is nothing on the Govt websites as all the information is related to the making of the Police Report, if any of the folks here had any experience of such things. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Sun, 31 Dec 2017 5:20 pm

I've been involved with this from a complainant point of view. If a Police report has been filed against you, the officer working on the case will get in touch with you. You won't be able to call them and find out as sometimes they can't allow any tipping off of suspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Sun, 31 Dec 2017 6:01 pm

CashewNut wrote:I've been involved with this from a complainant point of view. If a Police report has been filed against you, the officer working on the case will get in touch with you. You won't be able to call them and find out as sometimes they can't allow any tipping off of suspects.
Cheers mate, so if someone has made a genuine Police Report , the person on the receiving end should get contacted?

Any time frame to your knowledge?

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 2:22 am

Barnsley wrote:
CashewNut wrote:I've been involved with this from a complainant point of view. If a Police report has been filed against you, the officer working on the case will get in touch with you. You won't be able to call them and find out as sometimes they can't allow any tipping off of suspects.
Cheers mate, so if someone has made a genuine Police Report , the person on the receiving end should get contacted?

Any time frame to your knowledge?
Really depends on officers workload and the priority they assign to the case which obviously depends on the nature of the complaint. However with Singapore efficiency, one should get something within a week but it all depends on the case. If there is a risk of the suspect fleeing or evidence being destroyed then they might not want to divulge anything. This is common with all police forces in the world.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 2:22 pm

IMO 9/10 police reports get 'round filed' unless they actually include criminal activity such as drugs, loan sharks or vice or abuse of women. So many of them are just Singaporean's whining about each other.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

DrScrumMaster
Regular
Regular

Post by DrScrumMaster » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 3:54 pm

PNGMK wrote:IMO 9/10 police reports get 'round filed' unless they actually include criminal activity such as drugs, loan sharks or vice or abuse of women. So many of them are just Singaporean's whining about each other.
Or people report stolen bicycles which transform into reports of lost bicycles...

Welcome to low crime Singapore.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 01 Jan 2018 5:32 pm

DrScrumMaster wrote:
PNGMK wrote:IMO 9/10 police reports get 'round filed' unless they actually include criminal activity such as drugs, loan sharks or vice or abuse of women. So many of them are just Singaporean's whining about each other.
Or people report stolen bicycles which transform into reports of lost bicycles...

Welcome to low crime Singapore.
I have no idea how they round filed my case of being assaulted in McDonald's (complete with CCTV's) but they did. That's when I too became cynical.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!