Singapore Expats

Spass application rejected and now appealing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 1:38 pm

frekedech wrote: Hi, may i know whats the basic salary given to you?
my employer offered me 1.7k and employment pass, but the application was rejected straight away by MOM.

FYI, my employer is one of the sg telco and I'm Indonesian chinese poly graduate with 3-year bond.
There is a min salary for S Pass. From memory is $1.8K but I think MOM has increased it. Go to MOM website for clarification. Not sure but it is sure not $1.7K
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

frekedech

Post by frekedech » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 2:03 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
frekedech wrote: Hi, may i know whats the basic salary given to you?
my employer offered me 1.7k and employment pass, but the application was rejected straight away by MOM.

FYI, my employer is one of the sg telco and I'm Indonesian chinese poly graduate with 3-year bond.
There is a min salary for S Pass. From memory is $1.8K but I think MOM has increased it. Go to MOM website for clarification. Not sure but it is sure not $1.7K
Yes, you're right. Right now is $2k basic salary to get a S-pass. Let alone EP Q1 pass ($2.8k).

I'm kinda confused, as I must work in sg after my graduation but when I just secured a job, MOM immediately rejected my application. =(

Neethu

Re: Spass application rejected and now appealing

Post by Neethu » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:23 am

Hi,
I am an Indian ,completed engineering and MBA .I visited Singapore on August and got a job there.The company applied for s pass on August 28 and got rejected on sep 11
They applied for appeal on October 11 and still no result.its been a month and no reply yet.I am worried.Will Mom takes this much time for processing normally?
My company enquired in mom on 30 October and got reply as processing.
Kindly advise on the same.
I am worried as I have resigned from my current job and waiting for this job

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:10 am

Neethu wrote:Hi,
I am an Indian ,completed engineering and MBA .I visited Singapore on August and got a job there.The company applied for s pass on August 28 and got rejected on sep 11
They applied for appeal on October 11 and still no result.its been a month and no reply yet.I am worried.Will Mom takes this much time for processing normally?
My company enquired in mom on 30 October and got reply as processing.
Kindly advise on the same.
I am worried as I have resigned from my current job and waiting for this job
It is very risky to resign from the current job without the EP/S Pass being approved. there are cases where the Appeal has taken 1-3 months and a wait of 1 month is common nowadays.

Neethu

Post by Neethu » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:19 am

:( Hmm ok.its a very hard situation for me.i checked in mom.website and found only employer can enquire in mom.is it so? Can I enquire in mom about the status?

Neethu

Post by Neethu » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:21 am

Also,can I expect a result in these days? Do you mean that result will be published after 3 months?

lee85

Post by lee85 » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:33 am

Neethu wrote:Also,can I expect a result in these days? Do you mean that result will be published after 3 months?
you can always check your status online here :https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... yAction.do

however, for enquiries regarding your application and detailed information ,MoM will NOT entertain you. Only the employer can ask them personally either via email, mail or phone. On your side you can only wait or ask your company to contact MoM.Meanwhile just wait patiently ( I know its hard but its the only thing you can do at the moment) Unless you have plan B
Last edited by lee85 on Wed, 08 Nov 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neethu

Post by Neethu » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 11:46 am

Hmm :(
Keeping my fingers crossed

Neethu

Post by Neethu » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 2:44 pm

Hi,
My s pass appeal was given to mom on 11th October and after one month my employer told he got a letter from Mom that they need three more weeks.so I waited and this is the fourth week.i again checked with my employer .he told they called Mom and they said to wait further.

May I know why is it taking this much time.is it because of delay in my home country cooperating in background educational verification?now this is the 8th week from the date of appeal.

Kindly advice me on the same

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 5:33 pm

Neethu wrote:Hi,
My s pass appeal was given to mom on 11th October and after one month my employer told he got a letter from Mom that they need three more weeks.so I waited and this is the fourth week.i again checked with my employer .he told they called Mom and they said to wait further.

May I know why is it taking this much time.is it because of delay in my home country cooperating in background educational verification?now this is the 8th week from the date of appeal.

Kindly advice me on the same
Even if you know the reason, you cant do anything other than waiting. Please wait patiently

Neethu

Post by Neethu » Tue, 12 Dec 2017 12:14 pm

Hi
May I know whether in December the mom process the passes? Or in new year only they will do as new hire process starts in Jan?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 12 Dec 2017 3:10 pm

Neethu wrote:Hi
May I know whether in December the mom process the passes? Or in new year only they will do as new hire process starts in Jan?
With the new guidelines for E-Pass a lot are going to be changed to S-Pass , so I think its going to be quite a backlog at some point.

New hires or Existing pass holders , who will get priority?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 Dec 2017 6:04 pm

Historically, renewals will get renewed in reasonably quick order but possibly with only one year renewal giving the employer a buffer so as to not potentially loose too many borderline staff. We had that a few years ago when the S pass entry level was increased and also when the quota's were cut in the Services Industries. I reckon it will play out along those lines again as they can't afford to just pull the rug out from under the employers without amply warning. They are normally pretty good about implementing these type of things but there are always employers who will play it out till the end and still whinge and b*tch.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers