Singapore Expats

holiday programmes for young teens?

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
flb

holiday programmes for young teens?

Post by flb » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 12:12 pm

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good holiday programmes for this Easter? I'm looking for something for an 11 year old that isn't sport and isn't art but will get him active and interacting with kids his age?

Thanks

MomKiasu

Re: holiday programmes for young teens?

Post by MomKiasu » Fri, 15 May 2015 2:36 pm

flb wrote:Hi

Can anyone recommend any good holiday programmes for this Easter? I'm looking for something for an 11 year old that isn't sport and isn't art but will get him active and interacting with kids his age?

Thanks
I would suggest a class such as robotics or basic computer programming. As one of my children suffers from asthma, he cannot play sports but we did not want to leave him with nothing to engage in over the holidays. Thus, we studied his interests and he is very interested in technology and decided we would send him for a basic computer programming course. Hope this helps! :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 15 Feb 2016 2:54 pm

the YMCA on Steven's road runs a bunch of different things for kid in the holidays and other times.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Kristen_A

Post by Kristen_A » Wed, 13 Sep 2017 2:18 pm

During the school holidays, I took my daughter to a soap making workshop, and a RoboCar class where she learnt how to create a toy car with lego bricks and how to program it to move. They were both really interesting and she had a lot of fun.

Harris66

Post by Harris66 » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 3:12 pm

My son wants to go for a workshop that uses games to train thinking skills. I'm looking for some reviews on the place now.

tidee.enterprise

Post by tidee.enterprise » Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:33 am

hi parents, if you have simple and fun games idea or if you child has one, i can implement and pass everything to you (all codes).

it will be based on javascript and you can run on any browser without installing additional software.

let me know your idea and I can help you implement. everything starts from the basic, and your child can learn how to turn ideas into an actual thing.

ssshseow

Post by ssshseow » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 8:59 pm

I am very grateful that my son obtained a distinction for his ‘ O’ level English. It was least expected as he failed his English in Chung Cheng High (main) in Sec 3. When my colleague recommended us to send him to Joanne Choo Language Centre at Clementi, I was reluctant. It is so far. However, it turned out to be a blessing that he had done so well. When the results were released, my son recalled that he did not give the cheque for the last payment, so immediately I called Mrs Joanne Choo to break the good news of his unbelievable distinction and rushed down to make the late payment and held her hands to thank her for rescuing my son from failure. My son revealed that the question that he had done with Mrs Choo came out in the examination question.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 7:52 am

ssshseow wrote:I am very grateful that my son obtained a distinction for his ‘ O’ level English. It was least expected as he failed his English in Chung Cheng High (main) in Sec 3. When my colleague recommended us to send him to Joanne Choo Language Centre at Clementi, I was reluctant. It is so far. However, it turned out to be a blessing that he had done so well. When the results were released, my son recalled that he did not give the cheque for the last payment, so immediately I called Mrs Joanne Choo to break the good news of his unbelievable distinction and rushed down to make the late payment and held her hands to thank her for rescuing my son from failure. My son revealed that the question that he had done with Mrs Choo came out in the examination question.
:???: :???: :???: