Singapore Expats

Switching Jobs with an LOC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
dslv112

Switching Jobs with an LOC

Post by dslv112 » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 3:31 pm

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with changing jobs with an LOC. Could you please explain the procedure. Thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Switching Jobs with an LOC

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 5:56 pm

The LoC is only good for the current job you are on. The employer has to apply for it. It's not yours to do as you see fit. When you leave your current position it will be canceled and you will have to then have a new employer apply for another pass once you are accepted by another employer. You cannot have an employer apply while you are currently holding an LoC. The is to preclude job hopping somewhat. And each job you will have to be vetted for the LoC again. It's no longer an automatic granting. Some are being rejected nowadays so think carefully before you quit your current position.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers