Singapore Expats

PR rejected - appeal or new application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
iceinjan

PR rejected - appeal or new application

Post by iceinjan » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 5:31 pm

Hi, my husband and I applied for PR together in Mar 2016 and again in Jul 2017. I was the primary applicant the first time and he was the primary applicant the second time - both times we got rejected. I just gave birth to a baby boy 2 months ago (after submission and before the results of the latest PR application) and would like to try again as a family.

Two questions:
- Does applying with our boy significantly increase our chances of getting approved?
- Given that we just received our rejection letter, should we appeal, or should we re-apply in January with the new e-PR system?

Basic info:
-Wife: American Chinese; Husband: Filipino
-Job/Salary: each earning $180K+ base in managerial positions in MNCs (manufacturing sector)
-Education: both with masters degree
-Time in Singapore: 3.5 years (both with 3 NOAs)

Thanks in advance for your input!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: PR rejected - appeal or new application

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:57 am

iceinjan wrote:Hi, my husband and I applied for PR together in Mar 2016 and again in Jul 2017. I was the primary applicant the first time and he was the primary applicant the second time - both times we got rejected. I just gave birth to a baby boy 2 months ago (after submission and before the results of the latest PR application) and would like to try again as a family.

Two questions:
- Does applying with our boy significantly increase our chances of getting approved?
- Given that we just received our rejection letter, should we appeal, or should we re-apply in January with the new e-PR system?

Basic info:
-Wife: American Chinese; Husband: Filipino
-Job/Salary: each earning $180K+ base in managerial positions in MNCs (manufacturing sector)
-Education: both with masters degree
-Time in Singapore: 3.5 years (both with 3 NOAs)

Thanks in advance for your input!
Seems like you like to keep applying :)

1st one too early , 2nd one too early for your profile.... It is what it is. :mrgreen:

You have only been here 5 minutes , so relax and get some time under your belt so you don't look like you are just hopping around looking for the best opportunity.

Whats the hurry anyway?

Are your jobs under threat or something?
Life is short, paddle harder!!