Singapore Expats

SG citizenship application w/o pay slip is OK or a risk

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
GLADYSLES

SG citizenship application w/o pay slip is OK or a risk

Post by GLADYSLES » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 1:01 am

Hi all,
I thought to just put it out there of my concerns and likelihood of Singaporean citizenship application for my case.

Nationality : Malaysian Chinese Female
PR status: granted back in 2011 have extended twice in the past 3 years.
first time extension granted 1 year period
second time extension granted 6 months period till end of April 2018.
obviously ICA wish to see me return.
Circumstances: Been away 3years in Europe for work and studied Master's Degree and now last leg of MBA.
My last drawn salary in Singapore: ~ $100k/annum with good track record of MNC bluechips and Singapore listed company.
Current drawn salary in London: ~£80k/annum.

I hope to get in to Singapore in Jan 2018 and kickstart the application of citizenship, however there are few concerns in terms of time frame and economic contribution.

As stated by the ICA's requirements, applicant have to supply 6 months of playslip in Singapore which in this case I don't have as I am abroad .

Does anyone know if is risky to submit my application now Dec 2017 without payslip? or should I wait till I've secured job and accumulated say 3-4 months of pay slips?

Thanks

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: SG citizenship application w/o pay slip is OK or a risk

Post by bgd » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 8:55 am

Wait.

You need to be back in Sg with a job. And you need to submit the docs they ask for.

If you only got 6 months on your re-entry permit (if I understand you correctly) then you are on a last warning. You will need to show some commitment to Sg. I think you will need to be here for several years before they see you as good citizenship material.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 10:25 am

GLADYSLES wrote:Hi all,
I thought to just put it out there of my concerns and likelihood of Singaporean citizenship application for my case.

Nationality : Malaysian Chinese Female
PR status: granted back in 2011 have extended twice in the past 3 years.
first time extension granted 1 year period
second time extension granted 6 months period till end of April 2018.
obviously ICA wish to see me return.
Circumstances: Been away 3years in Europe for work and studied Master's Degree and now last leg of MBA.
My last drawn salary in Singapore: ~ $100k/annum with good track record of MNC bluechips and Singapore listed company.
Current drawn salary in London: ~£80k/annum.

I hope to get in to Singapore in Jan 2018 and kickstart the application of citizenship, however there are few concerns in terms of time frame and economic contribution.

As stated by the ICA's requirements, applicant have to supply 6 months of playslip in Singapore which in this case I don't have as I am abroad .

Does anyone know if is risky to submit my application now Dec 2017 without payslip? or should I wait till I've secured job and accumulated say 3-4 months of pay slips?

Thanks
This topic was somewhat discussed early this.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

We learnt that if you're applying for SC under the economic scheme without being gainfully employed in Singapore and CPF contribution, you may not be allowed to proceed with your application in eSC.

Let's say if you are able to submit your application today, the earliest eAppointment for interview and submission of documents will be in 6 to 8 months' time. That's when you need to submit your physical payslips and maybe you've have obtained the minimum 6 months of payslips by then.

luckycricket

Post by luckycricket » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 2:21 pm

Forget about the citizenship ... you are going to have hard time to maintain your PR.

GLADYSLES

Post by GLADYSLES » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks guys for chiped in the advises.

jamie9vardy,
Thanks, yep I've had a look of the earlier discussed tread. Her circumstance is dissimilar to me, as in she a housewife with no record of income with IRAS. Nevertheless, your advise has been useful to me, all I needed to know is whether is pre-requisitve to press on the submission w/o latest palsy, well then the decision is to hold on the application until I rebuild the economic contribution record in next coming few months.

Will see and will come back to this forum again to update the conclusion. :)