Singapore Expats

Want an LTVP for Aussie husband, but I cannot provide employment status

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Yansan

Want an LTVP for Aussie husband, but I cannot provide employment status

Post by Yansan » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:34 am

Hi there,

I am an SC, and my husband is an Australian citizen. We have been married over 4 years with no kids.

We are not professionals, and have been working and living on a farm in SA for the past 4 years. My family are all in Singapore, and lately I have been missing Singapore. We have about 30K in savings and we thought of coming back to Singapore so I can open up a canteen food stall together with my mother, with eventually my husband taking over from my mother when he is able to work, so she doesn't have to work anymore and can stay home with my grandmother.

I am aware that first my husband needs an LTVP, and then maybe an LOC to be able to work with me. My concern is because I cannot provide employment status as per the requirement. If I start the stall first with my mother, how long till its ok and more chances for my husband to get the LTVP?

Do you think we stand a chance, or will there be more heartaches and will it be better if we just remain in Australia? We just want a simple life with the people we love. Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Yansan

x9200

Re: Want an LTVP for Aussie husband, but I cannot provide employment status

Post by x9200 » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:04 pm

How long, I don't know, but expect you may need not only to have a job but also a specific level of your salary to have the LTVP granted. Not sure what is the recent number but if I remember correctly it was something in the 2500-2800 range.

Yansan

Post by Yansan » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:35 pm

x9200 wrote:How long, I don't know, but expect you may need not only to have a job but also a specific level of your salary to have the LTVP granted. Not sure what is the recent number but if I remember correctly it was something in the 2500-2800 range.

Thank you for your reply,

I am utterly disappointed that we may not have a chance in Singapore. We would bring my family over to Australia, but my father has the responsibility of looking after his non-blood related mentally ill brother (both were adopted by very kind non related woman).

It is sad that life is so hard for the underpriveledged.. :cry:

I wonder if it is worth trying? Does anyone else have any advice or information? I am at a loss..

Hopefully we can find a way to be reunited.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 2:48 pm

I think you can achieve this dream. It will take a bit of time but it is possible. Don't give up so quickly.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 3:29 pm

Try to apply. You have nothing to lose anyway (except S$30 perhaps). If you don't apply, you will never get it. If they reject the application, try to get the reasons / conditions you need to fulfil to get it approved.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 5:15 pm

One thing in your favour is age. Singapore is desperate to boost the TFR - they may look on this as bringing in a family.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 20 Jan 2017 5:50 pm

Yansan, can you take up some courses to get a job in Singapore paying the mentioned salary? Perhaps something here:

http://www.wsg.gov.sg/

?

Yansan

Post by Yansan » Thu, 30 Nov 2017 11:45 pm

Hi all, thank you for all your kind words and encouragements. The update as of now is my husband got his LTVP for a year which is great news!

We have gotten a little takeaway foodshop and are currently waiting for NEA inspection and approval. Now on to the next hurdle, is applying for an LOC for my husband to be able to work with me in the shop. We tried using MOM's e services to apply online, but they would not let me in. What do we have to do to get this LOC for him? Is there something that flew over my head and I missed it?

We registered a business entity under a sole proprietorship under my name. Does this have anything to do with it?

Would appreciate it heaps if anyone could shed any light? Have already send enquiry but might get a very late reply. Otherwise I will walk into MOM and see what they say.

Thank you!

marie_katie

Post by marie_katie » Sat, 02 Dec 2017 4:58 am

Congrats on the ltvp! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it took to get approved? I'm in a similar situation but it's been receiving attention for 12 weeks :/ Hopefully it gets approved soon.. Anyway if i am not wrong, LOC is applied through the company, not individual. So maybe you need to apply it through your business. Call them up or email. I find that walking in to MOM doesn't make much difference sometimes.

Has12cake

Post by Has12cake » Sun, 12 May 2019 10:13 pm

Yansan wrote:Hi all, thank you for all your kind words and encouragements. The update as of now is my husband got his LTVP for a year which is great news!

We have gotten a little takeaway foodshop and are currently waiting for NEA inspection and approval. Now on to the next hurdle, is applying for an LOC for my husband to be able to work with me in the shop. We tried using MOM's e services to apply online, but they would not let me in. What do we have to do to get this LOC for him? Is there something that flew over my head and I missed it?

We registered a business entity under a sole proprietorship under my name. Does this have anything to do with it?

Would appreciate it heaps if anyone could shed any light? Have already send enquiry but might get a very late reply. Otherwise I will walk into MOM and see what they say.

Thank you!

Hi, when did you apply LTVP for your husband? How long after you started the foodshop?