Singapore Expats

Flashing to overpass when I'm already over limit by 15 kph and in a tunnel

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Flashing to overpass when I'm already over limit by 15 kph and in a tunnel

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 9:57 am

I'm not sure if Sinkies (esp those so called professional taxi drivers) know this but lane changing in tunnels is not a good idea and flashing me when I'm already well over the 80 kph limit is not on. Happened twice this morning. New to me! New to you?

(Helps to have a LED light bar on the front, the motherfr got 1000 lumens of light into his mirror when he finally got past).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Flashing to overpass when I'm already over limit by 15 kph and in a tunnel

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 16 Oct 2017 10:27 am

PNGMK wrote:I'm not sure if Sinkies (esp those so called professional taxi drivers) know this but lane changing in tunnels is not a good idea and flashing me when I'm already well over the 80 kph limit is not on. Happened twice this morning. New to me! New to you?

(Helps to have a LED light bar on the front, the motherfr got 1000 lumens of light into his mirror when he finally got past).
Dont drive on the right lane ?? :D :D

Taxis ? I got surprised a few times by Bikes zooming out of nowhere ..

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 12:55 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Dont drive on the right lane ?? :D :D
Exactly! :D

Every time I travel outside Sg I'm reminded how inconsiderate and often incompetent drivers here are. Maybe it's something to do with paying so much for a car?

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 3:31 pm

If it's an empty road in front, never stay in the right lane.......it's not my function to police the roads and prevent others getting tickets. Better to keep out the way but one person's "well over 80kph" is another's normal.

Having said that, I'm still surprised that in 10yrs I only picked up one warning, 2yrs ago already..... but it was a bl@@dy stupid place to put a camera in the first place, not my fault :-" :mad:
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 20 Oct 2017 9:43 pm

In Texas, one has to put up with the @^%@#^ arseholes who insist on driving slow on the inside lane.

"It's my right," they say. The law is "Slower traffic keep right", or left in your case. It doesn't say anything about whether you are above or below the speed limit. If you are in the inside lane, and someone is overtaking you, you need to move over.

That's why Singapore used to have the "Motorcycles keep left" signs... they didn't want the 125cc buzzers clogging up the fast lane... they've all been removed now... I guess because bikes will go much faster.

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister » Mon, 06 Nov 2017 10:43 pm

Get used to it, Singaporeans are just too impatient bro
thanks wind, you totally raped my hair

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Nov 2017 3:07 am

jagermeister wrote:Get used to it, Singaporeans are just too impatient bro
Again ???

MotoristMel

Post by MotoristMel » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 4:07 pm

It’s actually pretty common to lane change in SG, whether it be on a small road/ main road/ tunnel/ expressway. Even though it’s considered a “Don’t” to overtake and cutting across lanes, these are bad habits that drivers should definitely take note of. I think it’s important to adapt defensive driving and take note that first lane is strictly for overtaking and emergency vehicles only so try to steer clear away from that lane as much as possible.
You can call me Mel

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:19 pm

MotoristMel wrote:It’s actually pretty common to lane change in SG, whether it be on a small road/ main road/ tunnel/ expressway. Even though it’s considered a “Don’t” to overtake and cutting across lanes, these are bad habits that drivers should definitely take note of. I think it’s important to adapt defensive driving and take note that first lane is strictly for overtaking and emergency vehicles only so try to steer clear away from that lane as much as possible.
So... you think the inside lane on PIE should be left open during rush hour? How about "slower traffic keep left"? If the car in front of you is going faster than you are, move over.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Wed, 29 Nov 2017 10:10 am

Strong Eagle wrote: So... you think the inside lane on PIE should be left open during rush hour? How about "slower traffic keep left"? If the car in front of you is going faster than you are, move over.
To be fair it isn't just Sg that has poor lane discipline. I used to see it in the UK a lot. Cars won't move left because they worry they will get stuck there. For a bike, often the left lane was the fastest.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 29 Nov 2017 9:47 pm

As the recent accident in a tunnel shows; changing lanes in a tunnel is a stupid idea.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister » Thu, 30 Nov 2017 5:24 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:In Texas, one has to put up with the @^%@#^ arseholes who insist on driving slow on the inside lane.

"It's my right," they say. The law is "Slower traffic keep right", or left in your case. It doesn't say anything about whether you are above or below the speed limit. If you are in the inside lane, and someone is overtaking you, you need to move over.

That's why Singapore used to have the "Motorcycles keep left" signs... they didn't want the 125cc buzzers clogging up the fast lane... they've all been removed now... I guess because bikes will go much faster.
How bout you fly off to Texas
thanks wind, you totally raped my hair

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Nov 2017 8:16 pm

jagermeister,

You just punched your own ticket out of here. [-X bye-bye :wave:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers