Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Blurz

Post by Blurz » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 9:34 am

huijun wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
marissa wrote:haiz...

haven't got any reply from SIA...send in my application on the 17th...think no more hope...

sad....
yup.. same here... :(
me too... we are in the same boat... sent out on the 17th, no reply yet...

so disappointed... been applying for the previous 2 times, now it is the 3rd time applying...
Fret not. Please don't be disappointed Huijun, Marissa and "Anonymous". Perhaps they need time to process those applications. Afterall, i have heard from frds who received the invitation email a few daes before the interview date. Myself have also yet to received any invitation email from them. I try to see this whole process in an optimistic view. If we fail this time round, we will try again next time... It maybe a blessing in disguise! Hehee. Most importantly, don't give up hope. :wink:

*Some people may view this message as trying to console or deceive oneself. However, i feel that instead of making oneself feelin unhappy, y not tink in a positive way to make oneself feel happier?*

What is Life: Reality changes depending on how you decide to see the world.

Guestguest

Singapore Girl

Post by Guestguest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:30 am

it has always been the wish of many a girls to b a SIA girl.
some rich girls go in, show attitude don't work. some poor girls go in suddenly act high class. some girls remain as humble.
but in general, you will change.

scars or no scars, depending whether if they really need pple.
i have a few visible scars on my arms and wrist. the interviewer can ask me about it. yes. during kebaya round, they ask u to lift up your hair n check ya neck.
criterias for long time ago do not apply now
the girls who come in are different. in attitude and looks.
the seniors are trying to make a friendly environment while the newbies are taking advantages.

b4 you come in
can you place yourself in the shoes,
other than being able to afford LV prada.

can you smile while passenger is throwing a tantrum at you, be it adults or you will be surprised, small kids do that nowadays.
can you actually say a sorry and smile even if it's not your fault and you are simply just taking someone elses' rap.

inside here, it's really about working hard. sometimes we work till we sweat. and some pax really make you feel like slapping them on the spot.

one of the hard thing humans have to overcome is, to be able to smile when your enemy slaps you
how many of you can?
it's not about looking pretty or chio anymore. anyway most of the newbies are not. it's about service from the heart.
do you have wat it takes?

degree holders. don't worry about being over qualified.
but don't you think your wasting you money, time wasted on this kinda job, which some of you might not be even serious about, which gives very negative behaviour.

haiz. flying is not like you girls think. happy happy go for flight, say coffe tea smile smile, use your pretty face can get you by.

sianz

Re: Singapore Girl

Post by sianz » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:00 am

I agree wat u say.... Sometimes i really feel like crying... :(
Guestguest wrote:it has always been the wish of many a girls to b a SIA girl.
some rich girls go in, show attitude don't work. some poor girls go in suddenly act high class. some girls remain as humble.

i have a few visible scars on my arms and wrist. the interviewer can ask me about it. yes. during kebaya round, they ask u to lift up your hair n check ya neck.
the seniors are trying to make a friendly environment while the newbies are taking advantages.

b4 you come in

can you smile while passenger is throwing a tantrum at you, be it adults or you will be surprised, small kids do that nowadays.
can you actually say a sorry and smile even if it's not your fault and you are simply just taking someone elses' rap.

inside here, it's really about working hard. sometimes we work till we sweat. and some pax really make you feel like slapping them on the spot.

one of the hard thing humans have to overcome is, to be able to smile when your enemy slaps you
how many of you can?
it's not about looking pretty or chio anymore. anyway most of the newbies are not. it's about service from the heart.

but don't you think your wasting you money, time wasted on this kinda job, which some of you might not be even serious about, which gives very negative behaviour.

haiz. flying is not like you girls think. happy happy go for flight, say coffe tea smile smile, use your pretty face can get you by.

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:02 pm

b4 you come in

how many of you can?

I agree with you as well. Service must genuinely come from the heart. The customers will feel it if you are geniunely serving them or just doing for the sake of doing.

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:22 pm

Isn't this what comes with work?

No one ever said being a flight attendant is *the* perfect job. They are after all said and done, waiters/waitresses who serve with a smile and are to be able to endure whatever crap thrown to them. Reading these negative reviews and comments is discouraging and so daunting...

Is it really THAT bad? =(

goh

Post by goh » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:44 pm

After reading the negative remark do make 1self to prepare whether you are really hope to get your dream job or is it that you are still childish of just to get this job so that you can become high class, or throw temper to other.So, do think abt it....Job around us is all the same. Is just whether you can put your heart to do it or just do it because is your job. :roll:

Blurz

Post by Blurz » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 1:13 pm

b4 you come in

how many of you can?

Yeah...totally agree with what you mentioned above... Though no one reali stated that being an air crew cabin is a perfect job, but i guess whoever applies for it must be thinking it is a good job that is close to "perfect". I must admit, it is a high paid service oriented position where even those who did not have high qualifications (maybe only O levels or diploma) can earn as much as or even higher than 1st class honours students (of the same age range) and also get a chance to "tour" worldwide FOC. Thats the ONLY reason for me applying for the position. (though i have yet to receive any invitations email from them)

I have lots of friends who are only diploma and A levels and got the jobs and earn lots. They carry branded stuffs and dine at posh places. This position seems like an easy job to earn big bucks. However, there is a price to pay. As it is customer and service oriented, one must be really prepared for the worst scenerios. Sometimes even to let down one's integerity in order to please the "hard to please" customers.

Thats why i dun find what "Guestguest" discussed earlier on abt the experiences and situations to be faced by the cabin crew to be discouraging or daunting. In fact, i find it rather vital to let job applicants to be aware of the expectations and kind of job they will be set in esp a service bond is required upon accepting the position.

Thanks for the information provided "Guestguest". :)

Dejected

Post by Dejected » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 2:48 pm

sianz wrote:I agree wat u say.... Sometimes i really feel like crying... :(

b4 you come in

how many of you can?

Hi sianz and GuestGuest...

Is it really that bad? Could u provide some scenarios u faced where u really feel like crying? *sigh* :cry:

jelly

silkair final interview

Post by jelly » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 2:48 pm

Hi to all girls who went for silkair interview. I was there too, but gosh, like u all, i haven't got anything in the mail! Neither did those i exchanged numbers with.

I was thinking..anyone took down their number stated when they sent us the letters for the previous interviews? Starts with 654 or something and the contact person is Ms. Rama? I did'nt get the number down then returned to that lady during the interview.

Maybe its ok to call and ask since its been a week. At least we would get some clues if they had sent out letters or not..

Re: SIA

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 3:16 pm

Tori wrote:Hi gals,

Think we still have got some hope, because it really seems that the afternoon invitation has not been sent yet... I've submitted on the 17th, now still waiting (*Lets cross our fingers!)

Tori :)
Guest1 wrote:Any girls or guys have their interview in the afternoon ( ie after 12 noon )? How come everyone seems to be in the morning slots ? No one in the afternoon slots ?
hi gals, IF we didn't get shortlisted, are u all goin 2 apply for the recruitment for malaysians?

Tori

Re: SIA

Post by Tori » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 3:20 pm

For me, I dont think so... Guess they stated they wanted Malaysian citizen...

If really not shortlisted this round, i'll wait for the next recruitment then..

Anonymous wrote:
Tori wrote:Hi gals,

Think we still have got some hope, because it really seems that the afternoon invitation has not been sent yet... I've submitted on the 17th, now still waiting (*Lets cross our fingers!)

Guest1 wrote:Any girls or guys have their interview in the afternoon ( ie after 12 noon )? How come everyone seems to be in the morning slots ? No one in the afternoon slots ?
hi gals, IF we didn't get shortlisted, are u all goin 2 apply for the recruitment for malaysians?

galgally

Tanned lines~

Post by galgally » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 3:39 pm

do any of u gals sun tanned? i have the halter-neck bikini tanned lines, and its pretty obvious!! do u tink they will mind abt diz during the kebaya fit?

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 3:51 pm

b4 you come in

how many of you can?

Not all girls who apply for SIA are materialistic..For me I dun care about LV, I just want to experience the different culture and the different ppl u meet. It's a job that really expose you to many different experiences..It's definitely not an easy job..no job is easy...If being a part of SIA cabin crew, you would subject to politics, backstabbing etc..you must really able to handle it and if you survive through it without being influenced by others, it's definitely a valuable lesson learn.

I'm a degree holder. But I feel since my age still allow me to try out the application, why should I give up this passion for a higher paying job? Different ppl have different dreams..I think as long you really have the passion and right mentality, nothing is impossible...

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:

b4 you come in

how many of you can?

Not all girls who apply for SIA are materialistic..For me I dun care about LV, I just want to experience the different culture and the different ppl u meet. It's a job that really expose you to many different experiences..It's definitely not an easy job..no job is easy...If being a part of SIA cabin crew, you would subject to politics, backstabbing etc..you must really able to handle it and if you survive through it without being influenced by others, it's definitely a valuable lesson learn.

I'm a degree holder. But I feel since my age still allow me to try out the application, why should I give up this passion for a higher paying job? Different ppl have different dreams..I think as long you really have the passion and right mentality, nothing is impossible...
Hi Guest, I totally agree with you.. I'm also a degree holder, but I' already 25, now juz hope that SQ can just give me a chance, coz I have customer service experience and also well verse in multi languages..

Post by Guest » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 6:20 pm

Hi people, I'm a Malaysian girl and I sent my application before the 18th and still haven't got a reply from them yet. I wonder if I'll get any? since the interview's on the 2nd of July? Those who are shortlisted, is is for the April batch or?