Singapore Expats

Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservices.com )!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
chmod777

Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservices.com )!

Post by chmod777 » Thu, 06 Apr 2017 1:15 pm

It was in the evening that I had a power trip at my unit, right after sparks emitted from the socket when I switched on my Induction cooker.

I then did my own troubleshooting, switched on the tripped switch at my unit's DB box etc, but there is still no electricity throughout the whole unit, not even the light. (I did not check on my Main Circuit Breaker)

I immediately search online for technician,
http://electriciansingaporeservices.com/
+6591333845 (Mr. Lee)
He claimed that he will arrive at your place in 20-30 minutes from the website.
I called up at 7.30pm, he requested me to send him the address and he will come right after that. He also mentioned about the $40 charge for the 'travel and repair'.
I called again at 8pm to double check if he is really coming, he said he is on the way but the traffic is bad.
I have waited for long enough in the dark before he called me back, which is at 8.45pm, he said he will only arrive at 9.15pm due to the traffic jam.

Besides his poor time management, I am totally UNSATISFIED WITH HIS SERVICE!

He claimed that the main switches in my DB box are burned and could not be used anymore since the switches are of very poor quality. He also mentioned that all the wires of the unit are stored inside the wall, nobody is doing that especially in case like this he will need to pull the wires out to do the wiring and change the main switch etc.

He is charging me at $400++ for the two main switches, $65 for the normal switch and $40 for the transportation.

I could not decide whether to change the switches with the unexpected high charge. I had a discussion with my owner who is not staying with me through a phone call. I was initially thinking to bare the cost myself if the charge is not this high. He left immediately saying that he has another case waiting for him and would not want to waste his time at my place. He also offered that he can come back if I had changed my mind since he will be somewhere nearby. He left with getting the $40 transportation and inspection fees.
He called me back after short while saying that he could give me $300 for the whole service. I rejected and obviously, I did not pass the message to my owner.

The truth is, it was just a power trip at the Main Circuit Breaker outside my unit.
The whole unit lives again after I switch it back on. Everything is working fine including the socket that emitted sparks previously besides the induction cooker!

I almost pay for it since it was quite late at night!!!

Just to remind everyone here not to get cheated by this guy here.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservice

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Apr 2017 3:02 pm

chmod777 wrote: Just to remind everyone here not to get cheated by this guy here.
read, write, execute. Next time, don't call any electrician. Btw, in Singapore, service guys quote low price to attract business and try to make money on selling other things. And it's a known secret.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservices.co

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 06 Apr 2017 9:42 pm

Well... DUH!!! Check the mains. And if you had sparks coming out of an electrical socket you need to have it replaced. The next time it fails you may have a fire instead of a blown circuit breaker.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeser

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 9:09 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Well... DUH!!! Check the mains. And if you had sparks coming out of an electrical socket you need to have it replaced. The next time it fails you may have a fire instead of a blown circuit breaker.
When the house burns down ... he will think of all the money he saved ..

chmod777

Re: RE: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservice

Post by chmod777 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 12:23 pm

ecureilx wrote:
chmod777 wrote: Just to remind everyone here not to get cheated by this guy here.
read, write, execute. Next time, don't call any electrician. Btw, in Singapore, service guys quote low price to attract business and try to make money on selling other things. And it's a known secret.
I am here for only one year. Did not know the Singapore's service culture. Lesson learned!

chmod777

Re: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeservices.co

Post by chmod777 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 12:30 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Well... DUH!!! Check the mains. And if you had sparks coming out of an electrical socket you need to have it replaced. The next time it fails you may have a fire instead of a blown circuit breaker.
Obviously I did not know about the MCB. I only checked it after my owner told me about it. Blame my shallow life knowledge. Good reminder for the socket! I almost just leave it like that!

chmod777

Re: RE: Re: Unprofessional and Inefficient Electrician Service in Singapore(Don't Get Cheated by electriciansingaporeser

Post by chmod777 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 12:37 pm

ecureilx wrote:
When the house burns down ... he will think of all the money he saved ..
Well, I actually don't mind about higher service rate, but the feeling of being cheated is kind of sucks.
It's a she btw (nobody cares I know).
Anyway I am writing this because I hope someone like me would be aware of this if they are facing the same problem.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:23 pm

Service, Singapore = mutually exclusive.

Go to any bar staffed by locals, you'll get it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 10 Apr 2017 6:20 pm

bgd wrote:Service, Singapore = mutually exclusive.

Which bar would that be ? I know though locals in FnB and very customer service oriented. .

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:

Which bar would that be ? I know though locals in FnB and very customer service oriented. .
They might be but this not necessarily mean they do any good service. Huge part of the problem, affecting probably all the industries in Singapore is that the poor quality is the only quality that is known locally. Hard to blame someone who grew up adhering to inferior standards and is oblivious to the fact that what s/he offers is basically poor.
On top of it, there is of course the whole bunch of scrupulousness individuals ripping off everybody around at any given opportunity.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:24 am

ecureilx wrote:

Pretty much anywhere with locals for staff. Generalization I realize but in my experience it's the norm here.

Cider Pit over the weekend. A friendly girl serving but no idea of service. No initiative to get off her phone and check whether customers needed a drink. No concept of clearing away plates, etc. Really didn't have a clue. Mind you she is better than the guy who is normally there, at least she smiles.

vxxx

Post by vxxx » Sun, 19 Nov 2017 2:39 pm

[OMG. I was also cheated by this same Lee electrician. Is he doing this as profession.
i reported in CASE but they say this is not case as he did not knock the door to cheat me.

For me also he came delayed and did the same thing and charged me $750.
After i know he cheated me , he blocked me i n his phone
how many more expats is he going to cheat and it seems the consumer court is not punishing him just that he is a local.

Now i am so upset and dont know how to get back my hard earned money