Singapore Expats

Nationality Waiver application?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cjaycc

Nationality Waiver application?

Post by cjaycc » Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:12 pm

Hello all! I am from Malaysia and recently was offered a position at a research laboratory here, however the employer said to give them two to three weeks to draw up a "Nationality Waiver application". Now, I just received a reply from them saying that the application was unfortunately, unsuccessful. What exactly is this application, and what may it being unsuccessful mean? I am wondering if I am simply not qualified enough, or whether the government still prefers for the employer to hire a local.

Thanks!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nationality Waiver application?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 9:06 am

cjaycc wrote:Hello all! I am from Malaysia and recently was offered a position at a research laboratory here, however the employer said to give them two to three weeks to draw up a "Nationality Waiver application". Now, I just received a reply from them saying that the application was unfortunately, unsuccessful. What exactly is this application, and what may it being unsuccessful mean? I am wondering if I am simply not qualified enough, or whether the government still prefers for the employer to hire a local.

Thanks!
Is it a government agency or government related placement ?

cjaycc

Re: Nationality Waiver application?

Post by cjaycc » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 9:38 am

ecureilx wrote:
cjaycc wrote:Hello all! I am from Malaysia and recently was offered a position at a research laboratory here, however the employer said to give them two to three weeks to draw up a "Nationality Waiver application". Now, I just received a reply from them saying that the application was unfortunately, unsuccessful. What exactly is this application, and what may it being unsuccessful mean? I am wondering if I am simply not qualified enough, or whether the government still prefers for the employer to hire a local.

Thanks!
Is it a government agency or government related placement ?
Yes, I believe so.