Singapore Expats

Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kjose88

Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Post by kjose88 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:17 pm

Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Singapore and I'd be travelling in Jan 2018. I've got an EP and my spouse has got DP (IPA approved for both) and we would be travelling on these IPAs and register for physical card collection during this first visit. However, MOM takes 4-5 days to dispatch physical cards and my wife would probably return back without collecting physical card as she has other commitments. I know that I can collect card on her behalf but would she be able to travel back to Singapore on tourist visa next time to collect physical card (in case I don't gent chance to travel to my home country and hand it over to her)? Fortunately, she applied for a tourist visa before getting DP and her visa is valid for an year (I hope tourist visa remains valid even after getting DP).

TIA

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 9:05 am

kjose88 wrote:Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Singapore and I'd be travelling in Jan 2018. I've got an EP and my spouse has got DP (IPA approved for both) and we would be travelling on these IPAs and register for physical card collection during this first visit. However, MOM takes 4-5 days to dispatch physical cards and my wife would probably return back without collecting physical card as she has other commitments. I know that I can collect card on her behalf but would she be able to travel back to Singapore on tourist visa next time to collect physical card (in case I don't gent chance to travel to my home country and hand it over to her)? Fortunately, she applied for a tourist visa before getting DP and her visa is valid for an year (I hope tourist visa remains valid even after getting DP).

TIA
What passport do you hold ?

The tourist visa Won't be cancelled per se.

So I foresee no issues.

kjose88

Post by kjose88 » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 3:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kjose88 wrote:Hi All,

TIA
What passport do you hold ?

The tourist visa Won't be cancelled per se.

So I foresee no issues.
Thanks ecureilx!

I hold Indian passport. Just curious, does that really matter?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 6:48 pm

kjose88 wrote:
Thanks ecureilx!

I hold Indian passport. Just curious, does that really matter?
not much.. but to repeat, don't fret much.

I was bit curious about the Multiple entry visa.