Singapore Expats

Interesting question on multi-entry visit visa extension

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
senya

Interesting question on multi-entry visit visa extension

Post by senya » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 12:49 pm

Hello there,..
my parent-in-laws (indian passport holder) will be in SG on the usual 30 day visit pass. I am planning to extend them by another 30 days which is straight forward.

1. During the extension period (ie 30th-60th day) can we plan a 2 day visit to batam ? I dont have any intention of visa extension beyond 60 days. I have my return tickets in place.

2. If we opt to FLY back from Batam to Singapore (instead of ferry) on 58th day, do we get a visa free 96 hour transit in singapore before they leave from singapore ?!

Request your suggestion! thanks

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Interesting question on multi-entry visit visa extension

Post by bgd » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 2:13 pm

senya wrote:Hello there,..
my parent-in-laws (indian passport holder) will be in SG on the usual 30 day visit pass. I am planning to extend them by another 30 days which is straight forward.

1. During the extension period (ie 30th-60th day) can we plan a 2 day visit to batam ? I dont have any intention of visa extension beyond 60 days. I have my return tickets in place.
Yes - have proof of onward travel, just in case.
senya wrote: 2. If we opt to FLY back from Batam to Singapore (instead of ferry) on 58th day, do we get a visa free 96 hour transit in singapore before they leave from singapore ?!

Request your suggestion! thanks
That I don't know but if you can show they are only staying for a couple of days you should get a tourist visa covering that period.

Batam is a known visa run location and travelling so close to the end of their trip may result in questions at arrival.

senya

Post by senya » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 5:14 pm

Thank you.

I understand from the ICA website, one of the precondition for availing extension is that - if the applicant is moving out of singapore during the extension period, he should not enter again within 5 days. This is the confusion I have.

Eg. Enter to singapore on Nov 18th , 30 days is till Dec 18th. I apply for extension (till Jan 18th). But can go to Batam for Jan 1st newyear night and come back into singapore.?!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 6:02 pm

I based my comments on my parent's experience a few years back. They extended and were able to come and go. They didn't have any issues but the '5 day' thing might not have been around when they were here.

If I'm reading it correctly they need to stay out of Sg for 5 days. Just extend your NY celebrations :D