Singapore Expats

Is Redoxon C a slow poison?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
shiranaihito
Regular
Regular

Is Redoxon C a slow poison?

Post by shiranaihito » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:14 pm

Hi,

When tried to google on why unable to wipe off the colour (orange) left by Redoxon C on my desk, I came across a post saying 'Redoxon C is a dangerous product that should never have been approved. They do not sell this product in the US. It is a slow poison. It is synthetic and it does not lists all the ingredients. If it's sweet, but does not list the entire ingredients, or sweetener used, you can bet it's aspartame. Get a pure natural based vitamin C source, avoid pharmaceutical vitamins. You have been warned. Do your research on Bayer's scandals.
http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/redoxo ... -8679.html

Ingredients: Ascorbic acid, sorbitol, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, colour (beta-carotene), flavouring, sodium carbonate, zinc citrate trihydrate, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame K), sodium chloride.
Your Malaysian redoxon packaging is dishonest and does not list all the ingredients. These pharmaceuticals take Malaysians for fools and are in collusion with the health ministry. Someone's paying duit kopi not to reveal the entire ingredients on their products.'

Is the above true??

:-k

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Is Redoxon C a slow poison?

Post by BBCDoc » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 6:33 am

That link no longer exists. But generally true - better to get your nutrients from fresh foods that synthetics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 7:10 pm

BBCDoc wrote:That link no longer exists. But generally true - better to get your nutrients from fresh foods that synthetics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pfizer stopped Stresstabs without explaining why

Now makes Me wonder WHY

Another one like Bayer ?

halfbutterkimura

Post by halfbutterkimura » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 1:16 pm

shiranaihito - if you do a google on redoxon's ingredients, aspartame is listed on it (a big no no), along with DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate (synthetic vit E - also a big no no). Not all synthetic ingredients are bad, but it's good to read up to know which ones to avoid

BBCDoc - absolutely! especially if you can get fresh food sources which hasn't been tamper by hormones or pesticides. else, the odds of our current food having the same nutrients as a century ago are going to low

Interesting to note that a large orange contains about 97mg of vitamin c, and if we look at vitamin c supplementation sold in stores (usually in 1000mg servings), we'll have to eat at least 10 large oranges just to get the same desired effects of vitamin c. Imagine doing that while trying to suppress a cold :-k

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:05 pm

halfbutterkimura wrote: Interesting to note that a large orange contains about 97mg of vitamin c, and if we look at vitamin c supplementation sold in stores (usually in 1000mg servings), we'll have to eat at least 10 large oranges just to get the same desired effects of vitamin c. Imagine doing that while trying to suppress a cold :-k
This is incorrect. The single orange will give you half of the desired effects of a 1000mg Vitamin C Supplement (eat 2 oranges, mah!)......

"in the April 21, 1999 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, it concluded that 200 mg a day is the maximum amount of vitamin C that human cells can absorb, making higher dosing on a daily basis pointless."

The other 800 mg is pissed away!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

halfbutterkimura

Post by halfbutterkimura » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 2:47 pm

Now, not to say who's right or wrong, another interesting view is from the school of orthomolecular medicine - where by instead of living on the minimum recommended intake of nutrients to prevent scurvies or rickets, why not look into getting more so the body gets into optimum health? :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 25 Feb 2018 4:32 pm

How is healthier pee going to help? =D>
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

halfbutterkimura

Post by halfbutterkimura » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 12:15 am

Wouldn't be so sure that it'll come out as pee and not get absorbed into the body by everyone else haha :)

taroyam

Post by taroyam » Wed, 23 May 2018 5:01 pm

i almost peed myself looking at this thread lmao

Hilary.R

Post by Hilary.R » Wed, 31 Oct 2018 3:48 pm

have always believed in getting nutrients and vitamins from fresh produce. never know what goes into "supplements" and how that'll affect our bodies!