Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Post by M » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 6:36 pm

shopaholic wrote:SIA.com.sg is recruting for malaysians now and the deadline's 2 July. Anyone knows the time they'll inform those who are short listed? Will it be a week after 2 July or.. ?

Thanks. Am dieting like mad now. Fingers crossed, I HAVE TO GET IN!! 8)
Reckon it will be a week after. :shock:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 6:57 pm

Thanks M =)

By the way, I am wondering how come the pause between the two recruitments is so short?

Did they not get enough applicants in the previous recruitment (of spore & m'sians)? It's hardly a 2 weeks before 18 June and they are recruting Malaysians. Just pondering...

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 6:59 pm

recruiting*

M

Post by M » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 7:41 pm

shopaholic wrote:Thanks M =)

By the way, I am wondering how come the pause between the two recruitments is so short?

Did they not get enough applicants in the previous recruitment (of Singapore & m'sians)? It's hardly a 2 weeks before 18 June and they are recruting Malaysians. Just pondering...
Turnover rate is quite high I think? Not too sure about that but they are definitely in need of stewards in view of A380. :shock:

Goodluck babe!! :twisted:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 7:59 pm

Thanks M ;)

goh

Post by goh » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 8:58 pm

rpammi wrote:Hey Goh.. any news from anywhere u applied ...? gals out there,, those who applied,, Jetstar..anyone got reply yet ???
Hi rpammi,i didnt apply jetstar,still waiting for the SIA. For the silkair, i think mine will be under next batch as they are still conducting the last interview. How abt yur side?any reply frm SIA?Saw the SIA web page that they are recruiting again but only malaysian can apply. They will be quite busy for the recruiting so i think for our part, just get cool n wait. :)

e

Post by e » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:39 pm

Just wanted to know, this is addressing all those past and present SIA girls, what is the Singapore girl lifestyle like? with travelling and all that...

whitie

Post by whitie » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:29 am

hi, i'm going for the SIA interview this coming sat. Am really nervous cos this is my 1st and also, cos i have a scar. i clearly stated that in the application and i'm really surprised they invited me for the interview. any idea why? and what should i do abt it? it cant be covered totally with makeup. it can be covered with hair though, will that still pass in the kebaya round? and, during the kebaya round, will they lift up my hair and probe around? (for girls with long hair, will they require them to bun it up?)

Guest1

SIA

Post by Guest1 » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:45 am

Any girls or guys have their interview in the afternoon ( ie after 12 noon )? How come everyone seems to be in the morning slots ? No one in the afternoon slots ?

M

Re: SIA

Post by M » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:56 am

Guest1 wrote:Any girls or guys have their interview in the afternoon ( ie after 12 noon )? How come everyone seems to be in the morning slots ? No one in the afternoon slots ?
I reckon there are though my last was around noon time and this time round, it's in the morning. Be prepared to wait for at least 1.5 hrs for those around noon time. In the morning, I hope it's better for the tension gets higher with a longer waiting time.

1st day for those whom wanna know more, you need a brief introduction of yourself. Be confident but yet not over, as to preserve your humbleness and willingness to work in a team.

As I'm speaking, I'm losing my girlfriend. Or have I lost it? :cry:

Dome

SIA

Post by Dome » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 1:01 am

For the girls, they got their interview invitation on Wed & Thu.
For the guys, they got theirs on Fri & Sat/Mon ?
So those who have yet to receive any can check on Mon or it means they are not shortlisted ?

Guest1

cabin crew

Post by Guest1 » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 1:06 am

Anyone knows how many female and male candidates were shortlisted for this coming SIA interview ?

huijun

Post by huijun » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 4:21 am

Anonymous wrote:
marissa wrote:haiz...

haven't got any reply from SIA...send in my application on the 17th...think no more hope...

sad....
yup.. same here... :(
me too... we are in the same boat... sent out on the 17th, no reply yet...

so disappointed... been applying for the previous 2 times, now it is the 3rd time applying...

Tori

Huijun

Post by Tori » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 9:26 am

Hi Huijun,

U were saying this is ur 3rd application? Were u shortlisted for any interviews the previous 2?

Thanks,
Tori :)
huijun wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
marissa wrote:haiz...

haven't got any reply from SIA...send in my application on the 17th...think no more hope...

sad....
yup.. same here... :(
me too... we are in the same boat... sent out on the 17th, no reply yet...

so disappointed... been applying for the previous 2 times, now it is the 3rd time applying...

Tori

Re: SIA

Post by Tori » Sun, 26 Jun 2005 9:31 am

Hi gals,

Think we still have got some hope, cos it really seems that the afternoon invitation has not been sent yet... I've submitted on the 17th, now still waiting (*Lets cross our fingers!)

Tori :)
Guest1 wrote:Any girls or guys have their interview in the afternoon ( ie after 12 noon )? How come everyone seems to be in the morning slots ? No one in the afternoon slots ?