Singapore Expats

Eligibility for Dependant's Pass 2018

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TangoDown

Eligibility for Dependant's Pass 2018

Post by TangoDown » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 1:53 am

Greetings Fellow Citizens,

I am on Work Pass for last 4 years. Hardworking sole bread winner of my family. My wife is on DP. We were blessed with a baby last month :) . Due to insane price of delivery we had to go back to our homeland. After which we heard the news of Visa rules getting changed for DP.

Needless to say i do not have the salary requirement to add my new born as DP post 2018.
From 1 January 2018, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.
Baby had some complications which is why we cant afford to fly back before 2018. Is it possible get In Principle approval for now for the baby and then come back to get DP past 2018?
New Dependant’s Pass (DP) applications for spouse/children and Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
applications for parents received before 1 January 2018 will be assessed on existing criteria.
How long will govt give In Principle Approval for? assuming i get IPA for 6 months. Can i come back with my baby to SG during first quarter of next and still get Visa processed with current salary

Source: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ligibility

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Eligibility for Dependant's Pass 2018

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 12:53 pm

TangoDown wrote:Greetings Fellow Citizens,

I am on Work Pass for last 4 years. Hardworking sole bread winner of my family. My wife is on DP. We were blessed with a baby last month :) . Due to insane price of delivery we had to go back to our homeland. After which we heard the news of Visa rules getting changed for DP.

Needless to say i do not have the salary requirement to add my new born as DP post 2018.
From 1 January 2018, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.
Baby had some complications which is why we cant afford to fly back before 2018. Is it possible get In Principle approval for now for the baby and then come back to get DP past 2018?
New Dependant’s Pass (DP) applications for spouse/children and Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
applications for parents received before 1 January 2018 will be assessed on existing criteria.
How long will govt give In Principle Approval for? assuming i get IPA for 6 months. Can i come back with my baby to SG during first quarter of next and still get Visa processed with current salary

Source: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ligibility
Can't answer most of above

But as long as you don't change job you should have your DP privilege

Can't assure the baby will be added