Singapore Expats

How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
s.dova

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by s.dova » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 3:23 pm

jazz0413 wrote:Thank you everyone for your input and for your advice. I have successfully re-entered Singapore one week ago with my IPA and now have my E pass again. I did finally receive a reply from ICA regarding my appeal but it was what I expected, that even with the IPA it is still up to the ICA officers at the checkpoint whether I can enter Singapore or not.
Hi Jazz, happy that you saw a successful and smooth outcome!

I am in desperate need for some advise, if anyone could help shed a light, that would be awesome!!!

So..My case is different, currently, though. I was refused entry to Singapore (had my passport written with an 'NTL' --> Not To Land) and on the second time I tried (having purchased a flight ticket out), I was given only a 7-day stay.

Long story short, I received a job offer and upon application of my S-Pass, the company was informed that I am ineligible for a work pass. MOM mentioned on the phone to the company that it's likely due to my NTL case.

My questions are:

1. Did you get your EP approved without problem at all? How long did it take you?
2. What was your application detail, if you don't mind me asking i.e. job title, salary, years of experience
3. Did you write, in the EP Application form that you have been refused entry to Singapore before?

Any advises on this is truly, truly, truly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!!

rosedysy

Re: How soon can I re-enter SG after being refused entry? I will have an IPA for E pass

Post by rosedysy » Tue, 31 Oct 2017 10:24 pm

jazz0413 wrote:Thank you everyone for your input and for your advice. I have successfully re-entered Singapore one week ago with my IPA and now have my E pass again. I did finally receive a reply from ICA regarding my appeal but it was what I expected, that even with the IPA it is still up to the ICA officers at the checkpoint whether I can enter Singapore or not.
Jazz0413, I would like to know what you did after landing at the airport. i.e., 1 Did you just show the IPA?
2 Did you also receive the ICA reply before flying?
3. In relation to question 2, how can i email the ICA? Is there certain site, template etc?

Thanks in advance!
“Let’s help each other. If we can’t, at the very least, let’s not hurt each other”

WinglessDreamer

Post by WinglessDreamer » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 5:10 pm

Last edited by WinglessDreamer on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 5:25 pm

WinglessDreamer wrote:Recently, on 12th January 2019, I was denied to enter into the Singapore. Despite of having a CLEAN background, VALID passport and LEGITMATE visa, the authorities denied to me to enter because before I stayed for the duration of 61 days in total on my visit pass applied by my Singaporean friend. Even ICA authorities agreed to the fact that I didn't break any rule by the book it's just I cannot enter for that day. I stayed for tourism purpose. I stayed at my friend's place, learnt about Singapore culture, visited temples. visited nearby country and celebrated Diwali. I don't think staying for longer period should deny my human rights to enter into Singapore. The ICA gave me reason that they simply don't find my reason to be apt suitable for my stay.

I didn't harm anybody or break even any minor rules during my stay. I didn't seek any employment or anything. I didn't even stay for consecutive 61 days. I went to other country for tourism such as Langkawi, Malaysia and re-enter. There is no reason that need to be made because I am innocent 23 years old graduate. I always ranked number one in my university and have a brilliant academic record.

They kept me into a IP lounge so-called SATS office and the authorities were very rude. They took all my belongings and kept in locker. It was like a prison. People were not supposed to talk loudly. Girls and boys must sit separately. Many young girls aged between 21-28 were in most taken into custody. They were all silent, traumatized and watching TV and that too on mute. The bunk bed were in very bad condition. Tear apart and bright lights were switched on for 24 hours. The windows were opaque blocking your vision to look outside. Washroom was not even well equipped with toiletries. There were no soaps given. The officials were very rude even if you ask them for anything! I spent most of my time crying under my blanket which was actually a big towel. It was the worst experience ever!

Now the situation is finally the universities application season is open in January for August intake. They had invited me to attend their respective seminar. I have well-known friends in Singapore who are willing to take my responsibilities. I am not alone or lost. Can you please reply back to me with suggestions that what to do next? Since, I haven't done any crime and I don't want this record to be an obstacle for my career. I am very bright student in my University and now I genuinely wanted to build my career in Management industry. Kindly, guide me through telling how to enter into Singapore again? How to remove my record? (They didn't put deported or anything just sent me back to my homeland).

As a matter of fact about APPEAL LETTER it's already on the way. But it will take a very long time. So, is there anything else or any suggestions I must do to re-enter to Singapore.

Thank you!
How did you manage to stay 61 days?

Normal SVP + extension is only 30 + 30 days.

ICA will surely be suspicious especially if you stayed in SG for 61 days without any valid reason.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 8:41 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
WinglessDreamer wrote:Recently, on 12th January 2019, I was denied to enter into the Singapore. Despite of having a CLEAN background, VALID passport and LEGITMATE visa, the authorities denied to me to enter because before I stayed for the duration of 61 days in total on my visit pass applied by my Singaporean friend. Even ICA authorities agreed to the fact that I didn't break any rule by the book it's just I cannot enter for that day. I stayed for tourism purpose. I stayed at my friend's place, learnt about Singapore culture, visited temples. visited nearby country and celebrated Diwali. I don't think staying for longer period should deny my human rights to enter into Singapore. The ICA gave me reason that they simply don't find my reason to be apt suitable for my stay.

I didn't harm anybody or break even any minor rules during my stay. I didn't seek any employment or anything. I didn't even stay for consecutive 61 days. I went to other country for tourism such as Langkawi, Malaysia and re-enter. There is no reason that need to be made because I am innocent 23 years old graduate. I always ranked number one in my university and have a brilliant academic record.

They kept me into a IP lounge so-called SATS office and the authorities were very rude. They took all my belongings and kept in locker. It was like a prison. People were not supposed to talk loudly. Girls and boys must sit separately. Many young girls aged between 21-28 were in most taken into custody. They were all silent, traumatized and watching TV and that too on mute. The bunk bed were in very bad condition. Tear apart and bright lights were switched on for 24 hours. The windows were opaque blocking your vision to look outside. Washroom was not even well equipped with toiletries. There were no soaps given. The officials were very rude even if you ask them for anything! I spent most of my time crying under my blanket which was actually a big towel. It was the worst experience ever!

Now the situation is finally the universities application season is open in January for August intake. They had invited me to attend their respective seminar. I have well-known friends in Singapore who are willing to take my responsibilities. I am not alone or lost. Can you please reply back to me with suggestions that what to do next? Since, I haven't done any crime and I don't want this record to be an obstacle for my career. I am very bright student in my University and now I genuinely wanted to build my career in Management industry. Kindly, guide me through telling how to enter into Singapore again? How to remove my record? (They didn't put deported or anything just sent me back to my homeland).

As a matter of fact about APPEAL LETTER it's already on the way. But it will take a very long time. So, is there anything else or any suggestions I must do to re-enter to Singapore.

Thank you!
How did you manage to stay 61 days?

Normal SVP + extension is only 30 + 30 days.

ICA will surely be suspicious especially if you stayed in SG for 61 days without any valid reason.
Those always ranked No one from their universities and visiting Langkawi, Malaysia are typically given one extra day.

Ccaymmud

Post by Ccaymmud » Mon, 29 Jul 2019 4:59 pm

Hmm not sure if you guys are aware... If you are refused entry to Singapore, you can buy a ticket back, or get deported back.

If you're lucky and the officer allows you, buy your own ticket, will cost you some money.
If you're rude, loud, think you're entitled to enter Singapore, you will get deported back, win a free ticket + free lifetime ban from Singapore.

Many people get refused entry because they simply don't have a confirmed ticked back home. And maybe because they overstayed before. For example, did you declare falsely the reason for your previous extension and overstaying?

Since you have overstayed, you don't have a clean background. You've knowingly broken the law.