Singapore Expats

EP Rejection Reason - Any Insight?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 8:34 pm

thanks sms for the reply :)
let's just close this topic. it seems it's clear to me now.

thanks all for the responses

homie

Post by homie » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 1:41 pm

???
Last edited by homie on Wed, 02 Jan 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:42 pm

homie wrote:...Now i am quite embarrassed to suggest him anything bcuz of as a singaporean we dont have basic Human right such as (live and plan a regular life with you partner incase he is a foreigner)...
he's given residency rights in singapore. i think that's about as basic as it gets. the two of you should've known that he would not automatically qualify for a working visa/pass through marriage.

believe it or not, it's worse in some "first world" countries.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 8:37 am

Oh great! Now she has obliterated her post... :roll:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:20 am

the lynx wrote:Oh great! Now she has obliterated her post... :roll:
maybe SMS'll Fix it !!!!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:36 am

taxico wrote:believe it or not, it's worse in some "first world" countries.
For example?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:44 am

Sergei82 wrote:
For example?
I know of a couple (husband is USA citizen, wife is a non-USA citizen), who decided to move to Singapore together because the wife can't get even residency visa in USA to be with her husband.

And I think there are few couples here in this forum who have similar predicament and had to choose another country to live in together.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:47 am

the lynx wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
For example?
I know of a couple (husband is USA citizen, wife is a non-USA citizen), who decided to move to Singapore together because the wife can't get even residency visa in USA to be with her husband.

And I think there are few couples here in this forum who have similar predicament and had to choose another country to live in together.
In my age at this time I'm late for everything! Damn! Where are those good old times when you could get anywhere as a groom???

franken0

Post by franken0 » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:47 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:Perhaps, OP's age & salary are in the bad range, like 30 years old with 2K salary.
OOT: I can't help but to think hendra_ahg is from Indonesia.
Indo ≠ WP.
What do you mean by Indo no WP? Does Singapore have certain partiality towards Indonesians applying for EP?

franken0

Post by franken0 » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:50 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:Perhaps, OP's age & salary are in the bad range, like 30 years old with 2K salary.
OOT: I can't help but to think hendra_ahg is from Indonesia.
Indo ≠ WP.
What do you mean by Indo no WP? Does Singapore have certain partiality towards Indonesians applying for EP?

hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:02 am

didn't notice that there's replies on this topic.

jsut want to update that i managed to get EP after one company offer me min salary as suggested in the MOM Tools.

it's been hard though, with all the locals sentiments to foreigner.
but anyway, happy ending for now

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:24 am

hendra_ahg wrote:didn't notice that there's replies on this topic.

jsut want to update that i managed to get EP after one company offer me min salary as suggested in the MOM Tools.

it's been hard though, with all the locals sentiments to foreigner.
but anyway, happy ending for now
Good to hear that :)

s.dova

Re:

Post by s.dova » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 3:53 pm

hendra_ahg wrote:thanks sms for the reply :)
let's just close this topic. it seems it's clear to me now.

thanks all for the responses
Hi Hendra,

Understand that this post was from a long time ago and you're perhaps already having a 'Happy ever after' somewhere (: However, I've recently received the exact same sentence for my rejection letter and thus would like to check with you one thing:

Did you try to use the SAT (Self Assessment Tool) prior to having your application submitted? https://services.mom.gov.sg/sat/satservlet

Through this website, you will be informed if you're eligible for a pass (be it S-Pass, or EP) based on your qualification and job details.

Really hope to hear back from you on this, many thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Rejection Reason - Any Insight?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 5:22 pm

The SAT changes along with the minimum criteria credentials required by the MOM as and when they change them. So, what might have been the minimum requirements 4 years ago will definitely have changed today. And, the SAT is not guarantee that you will get an EP or S pass. It only means you are qualified to apply for one, not that you will actually be successful.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

s.dova

Re: EP Rejection Reason - Any Insight?

Post by s.dova » Sun, 15 Oct 2017 2:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The SAT changes along with the minimum criteria credentials required by the MOM as and when they change them. So, what might have been the minimum requirements 4 years ago will definitely have changed today. And, the SAT is not guarantee that you will get an EP or S pass. It only means you are qualified to apply for one, not that you will actually be successful.

sms
Hi Sundamorningstaple,

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I understand the idea that requirement shift over time and that SAT does not guarantee an outcome. I'm just checking as the reason provided to Hendra and I is exactly the same, and I saw online that this particular reason is quite a deadly one (Unlikely to be qualified at all). However, the SAT mentioned that I'm qualify to apply. Not trying to seek a final answer, just comparing circumstances as my case study, that's all.