Singapore Expats

To RENT or BUY?? (Condo)

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: To RENT or BUY?? (Condo)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jan 2017 11:36 pm

It might, unless it area is taken over by an opposition political party, then you value will decrease by approximately the same amount. I know first hand.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 06 Jan 2017 5:52 am

RoxyRider wrote:Thats fine, but just wondering does the value of the property in general go up near a train station? The one right above Jurong Point far out in Boon Lay - I'm surprised per sq feet its more expensive than some other popular districts!
probably due to a general shortage of decent condos in that industrial shit hole.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

CharlesSpann

Post by CharlesSpann » Fri, 05 May 2017 9:42 pm

yeah!

Agent008

Post by Agent008 » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:02 pm

In Singapore, it's always recommended that you buy property.

The stamp duty in Singapore is cheaper than in other cities such as Manhatten and Hong Kong. The price of property of Singapore is also still relatively attractive at the moment.

With decreasing no of new units in the coming years (2018-2020), property price may rise up 20% or more easily. Best is to secure a unit now.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 7:58 am

Agent008 wrote:In Singapore, it's always recommended that you buy property.

The stamp duty in Singapore is cheaper than in other cities such as Manhatten and Hong Kong. The price of property of Singapore is also still relatively attractive at the moment.

With decreasing no of new units in the coming years (2018-2020), property price may rise up 20% or more easily. Best is to secure a unit now.
There's still considerable overhang of unsold properties in Singapore that's going to be clogging up the market for some time to come.

In addition, interest rates have been inching up and this will likely accelerate in the coming 6-24 months, which, apart from increasing new mortgages, may result in peak-purchase water-treaders losing their property to foreclosure yet. Of course the smarter ones will be cutting their losses by off-loading their properties a-sap.

Big Picture: Singapore has essentially seen a tripling of its population since the early 80s, with property availability behind the curve for most of that time. This resulted in property values ballooning in the past decades. However, population growth is now effectively zero (0). Consequently, a repeat of that skewed demand/supply scenario is also zero (0).

Bottom line, property here has had its day in the sun. Well done to all those who did well. But, clearly, the get-rich days of flipping property are over. A home is back where it should be: a place to live first and foremost, with fair appreciation down the road.

Agent008

Post by Agent008 » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:30 am

Majority of EC in Singapore are 75% sold or more. There would only be 1 or 2 EC launches in 2018. With a shrinking supply, price is expected to go up unless there's a global recession or something really bad happening.