Singapore Expats

Can I buy Insurance to cover my Hairfall treatments

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rahulcool1305

Can I buy Insurance to cover my Hairfall treatments

Post by rahulcool1305 » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 4:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian working in Singapore. Since last year I started having severe hair fall (cause is male pattern hair loss plus bacterial infection) for which I have already spent thousands of dollar.

I am going to Mount Elizabeth for treatment and it is costing me too much (she recommends some lazer treatment which is 450 sgd per sitting and I should take around 10 of those).

Is there anyway I can buy medical insurance and get these covered. My employer pays only 500 SGD per year for all medical expense which is already consumed.

Please advise.

Thanks!

x9200

Re: Can I buy Insurance to cover my Hairfall treatments

Post by x9200 » Thu, 14 Apr 2016 5:27 pm

rahulcool1305 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian working in Singapore. Since last year I started having severe hair fall (cause is male pattern hair loss plus bacterial infection) for which I have already spent thousands of dollar.

I am going to Mount Elizabeth for treatment and it is costing me too much (she recommends some lazer treatment which is 450 sgd per sitting and I should take around 10 of those).

Is there anyway I can buy medical insurance and get these covered. My employer pays only 500 SGD per year for all medical expense which is already consumed.

Please advise.

Thanks!
You mean like you have a preexisting condition that is not even related to any serious health issue but more of cosmetic nature and you expect some company to cover the procedures?

Here, from one of my favorite movies. They are pretty cheap.

cassandrav

Post by cassandrav » Sat, 14 May 2016 1:35 pm

It’s completely your call to take up the offer! You should first check with the clinic whether it’s a guaranteed treatment and what is the offer they provide if you don’t see any improvement. Make sure everything in written is included in the form. Don’t opt for any treatment without them giving you official written consent, since you spending in thousands of dollars.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Pal » Sun, 08 Oct 2017 2:29 am

Just restored this thread
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property