Singapore Expats

E-Scooters law?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Thu, 31 Jul 2014 8:42 pm

taxico wrote:
Brah wrote:...so an electric skateboard would be out of the question...?
seeing that there is no way to add usable and realistically functional pedals to a skateboard or kickscooter... i would think so, because they are easily deemed mechanically propelled vehicles...
They have cable and wireless remote controls for speed and brakes

batulao

Re: E-Scooters law?

Post by batulao » Fri, 07 Jul 2017 3:49 pm

Okay, I know that this thread is pretty old but I just want to know the same thing. Any update in regards to this law? My mom has just sent me an electric unicycle from the US. It looks like this one here. It's actually pretty cool and I'd like to use it as my primary transpo going to work which is not too far away from home. I'm still hesitant to bring it though because I'm really not sure if I can use it on the road. If not, there's no use of it at all. :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Jul 2017 4:42 pm

I've seen a number of them being used here so I would guess if they have the LTA seal affixed to them they would be okay to use. But buying one from the US and shipping it here might not work too well. Otherwise I'd be buying the new Un-Hoverboard that built IN the USA in Texas and is currently gearing up for production via Kickstarter. Looks pretty darn need and breaks the common mold for Hoverboards (but it's still got wheels so how to hover?)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... c-rideable
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

batulao

Post by batulao » Sat, 08 Jul 2017 9:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've seen a number of them being used here so I would guess if they have the LTA seal affixed to them they would be okay to use. But buying one from the US and shipping it here might not work too well. Otherwise I'd be buying the new Un-Hoverboard that built IN the USA in Texas and is currently gearing up for production via Kickstarter. Looks pretty darn need and breaks the common mold for Hoverboards (but it's still got wheels so how to hover?)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... c-rideable
Thank you for that. Well I guess, I'll just have the uni for leisure. :( It's a waste that I won't be able to use it as a means to commute.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 6:13 pm

i think you'd be fine if it's no wider than 40cm from L to R and doesn't go real quick.

to be used only on the side walk, not on the roads.

google for more info: "personal mobility devices" LTA
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

batulao

Post by batulao » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 8:12 pm

taxico wrote:i think you'd be fine if it's no wider than 40cm from L to R and doesn't go real quick.

Thanks, :) If that's the case, it may be possible to use then. I'll just keep in mind to be in the sidewalks.

batulao

Post by batulao » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 8:13 pm

taxico wrote:i think you'd be fine if it's no wider than 40cm from L to R and doesn't go real quick.

Thanks, :) If that's the case, it may be possible to use then. I'll just keep in mind to be in the sidewalks.

richardson121

Post by richardson121 » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you guys for sharing this post. it's an important post for me its teach me something new thank you guys for sharing this informative post.
Louis Richardson

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 5:15 pm

richardson121 wrote:Thank you guys for sharing this post. it's an important post for me its teach me something new thank you guys for sharing this informative post.
right, so how informative was this informative post, in making others more informed, about the stuff to be informed, informatively ?

richardson121

Post by richardson121 » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 5:26 pm

They discuss here about electric scooter it's informative for me that's why i wrote down here
Louis Richardson

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 6:50 pm

richardson121 wrote:They discuss here about electric scooter it's informative for me that's why i wrote down here
How life in Dhaka? Long time you part of USA liao?