Singapore Expats

Malaysia on arrival visa

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
emergency234
Regular
Regular

Malaysia on arrival visa

Post by emergency234 » Sat, 30 Sep 2017 9:58 pm

My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

The only option we were given was 'to try ' driving in via the Tuas link and applying for a 7 day visa on arrival for the toddler - an internet search revealed this http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india ... (VOA).html.

But this means that we would need to carry USD 1000 as ' show money ' the devil knows why :mad: - and we're not even sure that its a viable option - what if we are turned away at the border ?

Anyone have any ideas ? TIA

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Malaysia on arrival visa

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 10:46 am

emergency234 wrote:My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

The only option we were given was 'to try ' driving in via the Tuas link and applying for a 7 day visa on arrival for the toddler - an internet search revealed this http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india ... (VOA).html.

But this means that we would need to carry USD 1000 as ' show money ' the devil knows why :mad: - and we're not even sure that its a viable option - what if we are turned away at the border ?

Who said so?

Did you try Mustafa?

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 10:54 pm

ecureilx wrote:
emergency234 wrote:My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

Who said so?

Did you try Mustafa?
Mustafa is where I was told this..they have a printout and everything!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:17 pm

emergency234 wrote: Mustafa is where I was told this..they have a printout and everything!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 12:14 am

Ditch Malaysia. Ever since they started discriminating between Indians coming from India Vs Indians living in Singapore, for visa free travel, I have ditched them. I would rather go to Indonesia or Hong Kong or other places.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:56 pm

Wd40 wrote:Ditch Malaysia. Ever since they started discriminating between Indians coming from India Vs Indians living in Singapore, for visa free travel, I have ditched them. I would rather go to Indonesia or Hong Kong or other places.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
but its a silly reason not to travel to a country.. :(

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017 9:03 am

Update - drove to Tuas second link - went through the Singapore side pretty quickly.

The person at the Malaysia side took us to the immigration office at the crossing and the passport was stamped for MYR 450 ( + MYR 50 ' since no change ' wink wink :roll: [-X ' ).

P.S 1. Make sure you have a 10 MYR note to buy the touch-and -go toll card if you are driving in for the first time - the machine doesn't take any other note for this transaction.

2. Top up at least 200 MYR as there are many tolls on the way in and on the way back which eats up stored value. :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:27 am

emergency234 wrote:Update - drove to Tuas second link - went through the Singapore side pretty quickly.

The person at the Malaysia side took us to the immigration office at the crossing and the passport was stamped for MYR 450 ( + MYR 50 ' since no change ' wink wink :roll: [-X ' ).

P.S 1. Make sure you have a 10 MYR note to buy the touch-and -go toll card if you are driving in for the first time - the machine doesn't take any other note for this transaction.

2. Top up at least 200 MYR as there are many tolls on the way in and on the way back which eats up stored value. :(
The VOA fee is US$100 I think

That's RM 450

The RM 50 is processing and administration fee Image

Oh, I know an embassy here that says visa fee is 60$, but you end up paying 110$, the balance being notarisation, documentation, verification, legal fee etc.

All payable at the embassy itself when you pay for visa

Talk about fees.

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sun, 22 Oct 2017 10:50 pm

ecureilx wrote:
emergency234 wrote:Update - drove to Tuas second link - went through the Singapore side pretty quickly.

The VOA fee is US$100 I think

That's RM 450

The RM 50 is processing and administration fee Image

No mistake about fees here..I was called aside and asked nicely about keeping the change lol

The receipt was for 450 myr