Singapore Expats

Refused entry after U turn in Johor Bahru, what should I do?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
joanita

Refused entry after U turn in Johor Bahru, what should I do?

Post by joanita » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 8:15 pm

I am a 27 years old female designer, graduated from Singapore university in 2011 and worked there until 2013. So today I made a terrible mistake of my life.
I will admit wholeheartedly it's mostly my fault for going to Johor Bahru on purpose of extending my stay in Singapore. I lived in Singapore for five years with student pass and then S pass as a designer. However not only I have never been made aware of this policy, their strictness to deny me entry really shocks me. I was being honest of my purpose staying for so long, getting of new copy of certificate I lost from my old college and looking for a job. It's a honest mistake and I am all but resigned to pay for my ignorance.

So what I'd like to know if I will be permitted to enter Singapore in few weeks, because I left most of my belongings in my rented room. I had a couple of interviews and have a good feeling one of them will approve me, but I am afraid this refusal of entry will leave me with a black mark and make it difficult for me to get an S pass.
So is it possible if I come to Singapore again for Short Term Stay less than 30 days, show them my return ticket and everything? It's my first offense and I was really ignorant of such policy since there's no warning whatsoever in ICA website.
I have friends in Singapore, PR and Singaporean and I heard it's possible if they sponsored my stay or appealing to lift the ban *if I am banned* they never say what they punish me with, just refusing me entry and that's it.
The worst part is... the immigration officer refuse to answer my inquiry such as will I have a problem to re-enter Singapore later? Which I totally don't understand why they can't make some info clear. I have read other post and it seems to be the norm for these officers to not enlighten us about these matter. So I really need your help to tell me what should I do next.

If I can't work in SIngapore at the very least I'd like a chance to retrieve my belongings before going back to my country and nothing else.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Refused entry after U turn in Johor Bahru, what should I do?

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 9:18 pm

joanita wrote:I am a 27 years old female designer, graduated from Singapore university in 2011 and worked there until 2013. So today I made a terrible mistake of my life.
I will admit wholeheartedly it's mostly my fault for going to Johor Bahru on purpose of extending my stay in Singapore. I lived in Singapore for five years with student pass and then S pass as a designer. However not only I have never been made aware of this policy, their strictness to deny me entry really shocks me. I was being honest of my purpose staying for so long, getting of new copy of certificate I lost from my old college and looking for a job. It's a honest mistake and I am all but resigned to pay for my ignorance.

So what I'd like to know if I will be permitted to enter Singapore in few weeks, because I left most of my belongings in my rented room. I had a couple of interviews and have a good feeling one of them will approve me, but I am afraid this refusal of entry will leave me with a black mark and make it difficult for me to get an S pass.
So is it possible if I come to Singapore again for Short Term Stay less than 30 days, show them my return ticket and everything? It's my first offense and I was really ignorant of such policy since there's no warning whatsoever in ICA website.
I have friends in Singapore, PR and Singaporean and I heard it's possible if they sponsored my stay or appealing to lift the ban *if I am banned* they never say what they punish me with, just refusing me entry and that's it.
The worst part is... the immigration officer refuse to answer my inquiry such as will I have a problem to re-enter Singapore later? Which I totally don't understand why they can't make some info clear. I have read other post and it seems to be the norm for these officers to not enlighten us about these matter. So I really need your help to tell me what should I do next.

If I can't work in SIngapore at the very least I'd like a chance to retrieve my belongings before going back to my country and nothing else.
What passport do you hold?

Honestly having your stuff here is no excuse to ICA

Solution, get a return ticket booked, get an SC or PR to accompany you back and convince ICA that you are leaving.

Ticket should be soon, not one month away

Tightened?

Seriously?

It's been tightened so long ago, more than 5 years ago, especially for single females doing visa runs

joanita

Post by joanita » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 9:45 pm

Thank you for replying. I have indonesian pasport. My friends in singapore though. Can they see me in airport then to be my sponsor. Can i get a week or two? How soon i should go then? Is possible if I come with enough money, return ticket and pr friend?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:39 pm

joanita wrote:Thank you for replying. I have indonesian pasport. My friends in singapore though. Can they see me in airport then to be my sponsor. Can i get a week or two? How soon i should go then? Is possible if I come with enough money, return ticket and pr friend?
No.

You mean you went home already?

Then you need form 4a,

They should accompany you in, if you want to avoid doubts.

joanita

Post by joanita » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 4:54 am

I am in johor bahru and my flight is in afternoon. By you mean no, to all alternative I mention?
So my friends have to acompany me through immigration?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 7:42 am

joanita wrote:I am in johor bahru and my flight is in afternoon. By you mean no, to all alternative I mention?
Yes

They should accompany you from JB

This is MY suggestion to avoid more trouble

s.dova

Post by s.dova » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 3:14 pm

joanita wrote:I am in johor bahru and my flight is in afternoon. By you mean no, to all alternative I mention?
Hi Joanita,

We are experiencing the exact same thing! Though this happened to me in late August 2017. What is the latest progress for your case, if I may ask?