Singapore Expats

Dr Arthur in Medan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
felinemao

Dr Arthur in Medan

Post by felinemao » Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:49 am

Hi girls,
I am thinking of going to Dr Arthur in Medan
somewhere during Oct'14 to have a procedure done.

I have been to him once and the result is good. For those
of you who have been to him, I m sure you know
how good his skill is...he specializes in liposuction and fat transfer.
His technique is very safe as compared to what other docs are using.

Anyone want to go together, pls drop me
an email at [email protected]

Looking for a female companion to kill the time and moral support...
Though is not my first time there , still feel nervous. Haha
Thanks !!

felinemao

Post by felinemao » Fri, 15 Aug 2014 3:53 pm

I have decided travel to Dr Arthur on 13- 16 oct by Jetstar. Cost about $115 two way return.

Anyone wants to join, pls email me :
[email protected]

99heyho
Regular
Regular

Post by 99heyho » Fri, 03 Oct 2014 8:43 pm

2 words: money leecher

whipcream

Re: Dr Arthur in Medan

Post by whipcream » Mon, 09 Mar 2015 11:48 am

I had been to Dr Arthur in Medan thrice 3 years ago. Repeatedly went back for revision to be done on lipo and fat graft to breast. His skill is poor tat left many uneven results on me. Lost all the fats graft in less than a year time. All in all, I have spent around 15K (including flight and accommodation, not including my annual leaves). This was even more exp than get it done in spore. I feel he is a money leecher. Regretted my decision to have it done by him. What made it worst is that he posted all the patients naked photos on line even against my permission. I had asked him to remove it but he hasn't all these while. Photos were touched up with exaggerated case study created. Unethical!

KingkongBbgal

Post by KingkongBbgal » Mon, 04 May 2015 10:50 am

Hello, i went to Dr Arthur back in 2012 for my thighs, and was thinking of going back again like next week.. i haven't really seen a lot of information or reviews about him since late 2013.. Is his clinic still operating? Or is there a better doctor that everyone is visiting now instead?

Missvain

Post by Missvain » Mon, 14 Nov 2016 2:32 pm

Hi whipcream

Sorry to hear about the uneven lumps. I am thinking of going for liposuction with him. Can you please share you negative experiences and why you said that his skill is poor? Apparently he has a lot of patients who are very happy...

How are your lipo-ed areas now? Are they ok?

FairFeedback

Post by FairFeedback » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 4:24 pm

Dr Arthur is one of the unprofessional, unethical money sucker I have seen.

For lipo suction and fat grafting he purposely create uneven surface in order to make his patient to visit often. For the lipo suction, he left one tennis ball size of fat lets untouched in one side of the hip hence I could not wear the dresses I like. I visited him again and argues with no luck. He complain me about by poor diet although poor diet cannot deposit fat only in one hip.

For fat grafting, doctor across the world uses centrifuge (you can google to findout more) to get the dense concentrated fat rich with stem cells. But he wisely extract the fat with blood and inject immediately to the face without even showing the fat to patient. Because of the bloody mix of fat, your face will look nice soon after the procedure but all will get vanished in two weeks time with very very little improvement. And he clearly make the procedure uneven so that he will visit him often.

I discussed with fellow patients (we can interact with other patients in his clinic in the common area after the procedure), most of them complain about the same and they are visiting him repeatedly as they don't have other choice. Finding new plastic surgeon in Singapore is time consuming and costly. Hence, eventually paying him ~S$4K-S$6 each visit, they said. Moreover, he don't have any fixed rules to count the areas to be treated unlike other doctors in singapore. He will round the cost to 4-6K no matter what area you choose to liposuction or lipotransfer. When questioned, his ready made answer would be "prices have gone up since last time" hence we have to pay whatever he ask. He will show his rude and unprofessional attitude when attempting to bargain or challenge him.

I'm very disappointed with his work and unethical money sucking behavior.

Is there any reliable and skilled plastic surgeon in Singapore for fat grafting who is not greedy and uneithical? Please refer to me...I want to compare the price and go ahead in Singapore itself

Missvain

Post by Missvain » Mon, 09 Jan 2017 4:40 pm

Hi FairFeedback,

I am so sorry to hear that. It must be so tiring and stressful, not to mention costly, for having to travel so often to medan to follow-up. In his YouTube videos, he claimed that the fat grafting technique that he uses are very effective and provide long lasting results, as compared to other doctors. Must be bull then.

They actually didn't bother to reply to my email after saying that they will open a clinic in Singapore on April 2017.

MissSG

Post by MissSG » Tue, 31 Jan 2017 4:48 pm

After doing lot of market research I’ve chosen Dr Arthur because of low cost and the way he count the areas to be treated. I thought it as wise decision. Later I realized that he is doing this to bring-in patients and indirectly forcing them revisit regularly. I agree with others feedback here. I spent more than I originally budgeted and his fat transfer gave me very bad result in my cheek even after redoing 3 times. It looks perfect for first week and subsequently shrinks unevenly. After reading fairfeedback’s experience now I could correlate what happened to me. He might not have injected the right fat. During my third visit, I requested all possible fats from hips and abs area, for which he is advising to reserve fat for next visit. What the ****?
If you are planning to visit him, please compromise your privacy. Despite not signing the consent form to publish my photos, he published mine without face but I’m very worried whenever I see the youtube video of mine.
Moreover there is no privacy in his clinic.
His nurse/helpers started explaining the entire procedure of other patients while socializing in malay. They complain about doctors greediness and exploitation of work force. Nurses are working even on Sunday without any Over time pay and helpers are on 2-3 year contract without having access to phone/mail. They are kind-off jailed laborers. So pathetic and painful stories. I don’t want to do there anymore.

furrybear

Post by furrybear » Fri, 11 Aug 2017 5:25 pm

hello, i have went to Dr Arthur thrice over past 2 years. Thighs liposuction were good..tummy liposuction not as good..I feel that the fat come back after 3 months even though I control my diet. Not sure if any girl have such experience too? Is it cause the doc did not 'lipo' enough?

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Tue, 03 Oct 2017 2:48 pm

Guys, I can`t believe what you are writing... is this even possible? A surgeon who will make you uneven just to be sure that you will come back. I definitely can`t imagine that there is a surgeon who will make ugly things realizing that you can tell all your friends and the whole world (through internet). I had a fat transfer recently http://www.waystoincreasebreast.com/201 ... mentation/ and my surgeon was spectacular. I can make a difference because I had a lipo 4 years ago and my old surgeon was rude and didn`t explain me anything. However, I think that they win from their popularity and there is no point of knowingly making things ugly.

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”