Singapore Expats

What is expected EP processing time?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hawaiianpizz

What is expected EP processing time?

Post by hawaiianpizz » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:49 am

I know it says "within 3 weeks in most cases" on MOM website, but in my head I can't quite grasp the dramatic increase in processing time.
Last edited by hawaiianpizz on Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: What is expected EP processing time?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:57 am

hawaiianpizz wrote:I know it says "within 3 weeks in most cases" on MOM website, but in my head I can't quite grasp the dramatic increase in processing time.

I graduated from National University of Singapore(NUS), so they can very easily verify my education credential. I am currently an EP holder with another company in Singapore.
In my previous EP applications (prior to the recent change) I received an approval within 4 working days. I have now been waiting for 7 working days and feeling anxious about not being able to resign from my current job at the right time.

I am South Korean and I have been in Singapore since 2010.
Can a dramatic increase in salary be a reason for delay in processing?

I would like to understand how other people's experience has been, especially for those of you that have been in Singapore for a long time and recently applied for EP renewal or EP with a new employer.

There are many factors nowadays. Earlier it used to be mostly the employee credentials and salary alone. Now the employer credentials and details matter too.. If you are not able to accept the increase in processing time, so what? Even if you have graduated from NUS, that does not mean that you are entitled to an EP.

Please be patient and wait for the EP Processing to complete. Hearing from many other similar cases here will increase your impatience and nothing else.

hawaiianpizz

Re: What is expected EP processing time?

Post by hawaiianpizz » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:25 am

It was just approved! Took 6-7 working days this time.