Singapore Expats

Question on LTVP for wife to be

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
buggy.88

Question on LTVP for wife to be

Post by buggy.88 » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 2:30 am

Hello, I'm a Singapore citizen and I intend to marry my girlfriend from China in the near future. I wish to maximize her chances of employment.

Would this be the best strategy:
- Marry her, then apply for LTVP, so she can get letter of consent. (I say this because a lot of jobs related to her career is SC/PR only due to quota)

Some questions:
- Can I apply for the LTVP immediately after registering the marriage? Or do I need to wait awhile
- How likely is it for her to get LTVP? My salary is $5k after CPF deductions. We both are in our late 20s and degree holders. Also, how long should we wait before applying for PR?
- Will the pre-LTVP assessment make a big difference in waiting time for LTVP in practice?
- What about the LTVP+? I'm a bit confused about the two.

Thanks for replying to my questions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Question on LTVP for wife to be

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 8:40 am

buggy.88 wrote:Hello, I'm a Singapore citizen and I intend to marry my girlfriend from China in the near future. I wish to maximize her chances of employment.

Would this be the best strategy:
- Marry her, then apply for LTVP, so she can get letter of consent. (I say this because a lot of jobs related to her career is SC/PR only due to quota)

Some questions:
- Can I apply for the LTVP immediately after registering the marriage? Or do I need to wait awhile
- How likely is it for her to get LTVP? My salary is $5k after CPF deductions. We both are in our late 20s and degree holders. Also, how long should we wait before applying for PR?
- Will the pre-LTVP assessment make a big difference in waiting time for LTVP in practice?
- What about the LTVP+? I'm a bit confused about the two.

Thanks for replying to my questions.
a) If she has never worked in Singapore before on a WP (EP & S are not a problem) no issues. If she HAS worked here before on a WP then you must first apply to the MOM for permission to marry. If you don't you better be prepared to immigrate to China.

b) by all means apply for the pre-LTVP assessment. It may tell you if your odds are good or bad. Short wait or long wait and possibly a negative response. (short wait could also be negative). If it is, then you may have to rethink your plans to include a Plan B in case you still want to get married anyway.

c) Assuming a) & b) are not any issues, then yes. Marry her and apply for the LTVP asap (this just done in my household {including Pre-assessment} by my niece (SC) who married a Belgian fellow who had worked here before but on a EP so no issue. They got the LTVP in less than a month after the marriage. Earlier this week he found a job and has just sent off his Letter of Consent application. We'll see how long it takes.

The LTVP plus has a few more benefits with regard to subsidies than the LTVP, otherwise, from an employment standpoint, little else. However it will normally be issued automatically (from what I hear) after 2 years of marriage or the birth of a child but I cannot confirm this.

Good Luck
sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Question on LTVP for wife to be

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 29 Sep 2017 8:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: The LTVP plus has a few more benefits with regard to subsidies than the LTVP, otherwise, from an employment standpoint, little else. However it will normally be issued automatically (from what I hear) after 2 years of marriage or the birth of a child but I cannot confirm this.

Good Luck
sms
From I have seen of late, most obvious is that ICA is pushing every new applicant to go for LTVP.

And after 2 years, upon renewal, + is pretty much a given.