Singapore Expats

My chances to be allowed to stay in Sg 96 hours in transit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lovelyruslady

My chances to be allowed to stay in Sg 96 hours in transit

Post by lovelyruslady » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 5:17 am

Hello,
I dont know if I found right place to ask this question but I hope somebody can help me.
Im Russian woman, Russians need visa for Sg. I was in Sg on tourist visa in November 2015 and then in January 2016. I applied for visa again in April and July 2016 but both times visa got refused. Im going to Kuala Lumpur through Singapore and would like to stay few days in Singapore. On transit to another country through Sg I am allowed to stay in Sg without visa for 96 hours but it will be immigration officer desicion to allow me stay or not. What are my chances? Will the immigration have on their computer information about my two visa refusals or only information about my visits? I didnt break any rules, didnt overstay.
Thank you for help!

x9200

Re: My chances to be allowed to stay in Sg 96 hours in transit

Post by x9200 » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 6:31 am

lovelyruslady wrote:Hello,
I dont know if I found right place to ask this question but I hope somebody can help me.
Im Russian woman, Russians need visa for Sg. I was in Sg on tourist visa in November 2015 and then in January 2016. I applied for visa again in April and July 2016 but both times visa got refused. Im going to Kuala Lumpur through Singapore and would like to stay few days in Singapore. On transit to another country through Sg I am allowed to stay in Sg without visa for 96 hours but it will be immigration officer desicion to allow me stay or not. What are my chances? Will the immigration have on their computer information about my two visa refusals or only information about my visits? I didnt break any rules, didnt overstay.
Thank you for help!
1. An immigration officer can always refuse you entry regardless you have a valid visa or not. It's case by case.
2. Yes, they will see all your records.
3. Hard to judge your chances based on the info you provided, but as they refused you visa rather recently they may not let you in also this time. With your persistent attempts (for whatever reason) to visit Singapore, they may, for example, see your transit not as a transit, but yet another attempt.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 10:55 am

With an onward ticket (for such a short visit) and proof of funds they may allow it. I'll be curious though if the airline even allows your onboard as they have to return you if you aren't admitted.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 11:43 am

PNGMK wrote:With an onward ticket (for such a short visit) and proof of funds they may allow it. I'll be curious though if the airline even allows your onboard as they have to return you if you aren't admitted.
This especially so, if a visa is normally required in advance and you do not have one and they allow you to board. The airlines could possibly have to eat the fare if you are refused entry to Singapore, if they were to let you board without the required visa. Although, if you have an onward ticket to KL from the same Airport, I reckon you could stay in the transit area for 96 hours.

You story for the necessity of constantly visiting Singapore in short spaces of time are awfully suspicious though and I'm assuming that is why ICA has refused your visa applications. I reckon you will not get in even for 24 hours let alone 96. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 11:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
PNGMK wrote:With an onward ticket (for such a short visit) and proof of funds they may allow it. I'll be curious though if the airline even allows your onboard as they have to return you if you aren't admitted.
This especially so, if a visa is normally required in advance and you do not have one and they allow you to board. The airlines could possibly have to eat the fare if you are refused entry to Singapore, if they were to let you board without the required visa. Although, if you have an onward ticket to KL from the same Airport, I reckon you could stay in the transit area for 96 hours.

You story for the necessity of constantly visiting Singapore in short spaces of time are awfully suspicious though and I'm assuming that is why ICA has refused your visa applications. I reckon you will not get in even for 24 hours let alone 96. :-k
Just been to Myanmar , first thing the Check-in person say , can I see your Visa please :mrgreen:

As you say though , can maybe stay in the transit area for 4 days , maybe OK.

Or simply just get on the next flight to KL and dont worry about it.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:07 pm

I don't think she meant staying in the transfer area. For that, I believe she doesn't need to clear any immigration unless picking up the luggage.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 1:54 pm

It's hard being a working girl from Eastern Europe these days.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by MikeJones » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 3:12 pm

Hmm the OP has not said when they are planning this "transit", but if it's this weekend with the GP on then I think the chances are approaching 0 :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: My chances to be allowed to stay in Sg 96 hours in transit

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 8:16 pm

x9200 wrote:I don't think she meant staying in the transfer area. For that, I believe she doesn't need to clear any immigration unless picking up the luggage.
Yes and no.

Some flights / arrivals are isolated even in transit.

But that's immaterial, as OP needs to pass immigration to enter Singapore so - no go.
PNGMK wrote:It's hard being a working girl from Eastern Europe these days.
Those in 4 floors seem to have no such issue, in fact they seem to increase ...
Barnsley wrote: Just been to Myanmar , first thing the Check-in person say , can I see your Visa please :mrgreen:

As you say though , can maybe stay in the transit area for 4 days , maybe OK.

Or simply just get on the next flight to KL and dont worry about it.
SQ provides visa privilege for transit pax from countries who are in the visa needed list. If arrival and departing is by SQ. But in this case, it still won't work I guess.

lovelyruslady

Post by lovelyruslady » Thu, 15 Sep 2016 8:25 pm

My boyfriend works in Singapore, thats why I have necessity to visit often. Called Singapore Air, they wont have any problem with boarding me cos they know this rule of 96 hours transit. Airline wont lose anything cos if Im not allowed in Sg, I just will change date of my ticket from Sg to Kl and fly same day, there are plenty of flights daily.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 16 Sep 2016 3:32 pm

That works then. Good luck. Do let us know how you get on.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: My chances to be allowed to stay in Sg 96 hours in transit

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Sep 2016 3:49 pm

lovelyruslady wrote:My boyfriend works in Singapore, thats why I have necessity to visit often. Called Singapore Air, they wont have any problem with boarding me cos they know this rule of 96 hours transit. Airline wont lose anything cos if Im not allowed in Sg, I just will change date of my ticket from Sg to Kl and fly same day, there are plenty of flights daily.
Is this where I suggest, upgrading from boyfriend 1.0 to husband 2.0 will make life easier ?

Do let us know how it goes !

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 8:07 pm

Ingrid107 wrote:Hello! I am planning a business trip from Singapore to Myanmar.
Your information was very helpful to me!
Spammer