Singapore Expats

What are my chances of Singapore Citizenship?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
meli77

What are my chances of Singapore Citizenship?

Post by meli77 » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 4:16 pm

I shouldn’t have delayed, now I regret :( I would like to try and apply for Singapore Citizenship. Not sure if they will take me, but I give it my best shot. May I know from your point of view, what my chances are? Thank you so much!

My mother is born Singapore Citizen, lived here her whole life. Father is Indonesian. Parents separated. I live with my sickly mum and her only caretaker. My race is Chinese.

I have lived here my WHOLE life (i.e. PR for 41 years – I am 41 years old) – only born in Jakarta. Closer ties to my mum’s family & my Singaporean friends.

Single
BA Honors (Business Administration)
Piano Teaching Diploma – currently teaching as side income & hobby. Currently studying for LRSM higher diploma.

Plan to retire and teach piano privately in Singapore. Also do volunteer work.

Business Centre Executive / Total Annual Income : S$46 k
Own condo fully paid for registered under my name (worth S$1.2 million), Personal Financial Assets (Endowment, Savings, Insurance) worth about S$350k
Pay CPF and Income, property Tax.

Asako_Devra21

Re: What are my chances of Singapore Citizenship?

Post by Asako_Devra21 » Fri, 03 May 2019 12:21 pm

Submit your case to the MP of your town.
Given your mother is a Singaporean, you can seek advice from the nearest Social Service Centre near your town for advice.