Singapore Expats

EP pending on week 4 now

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
teejay_

Re: EP pending on week 4 now

Post by teejay_ » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:16 am

teejay_ wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
teejay_ wrote:I recently got a job offer as a product designer for Grab in Singapore with a monthly offer of/quote]

You might want to be worried, but it's hard to tell.

You don't say how much experience you have, but if it's limited, then the gahmen is going to want to know why Grab can't find "product designers" locally. Face it, mate... it's a software business... and product designer can mean anything.

So, the folks ponder just what in the hell a "product designer" might be and whether or not a local could fill the role.

teejay_

Post by teejay_ » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:17 am

ecureilx wrote:
teejay_ wrote:I recently got a job offer as a product designer for Grab in Singapore with a I got my bachelor's degree frand have work experience in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Grab HR applied for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be worried?
You just gotta wait it out.

You hold an American passport I guess.

teejay_

Post by teejay_ » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:18 am

ecureilx wrote:
teejay_ wrote: I got my bachelor's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara and have work experience in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Grab HR applied for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be worried?

teejay_

Post by teejay_ » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:19 am

ecureilx wrote:
teejay_ wrote:I recently got a job offer as a product designer for Grab in Singapore with a monthly offer of I got my bachelor's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara and have work experience in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be worried?

teejay_

Post by teejay_ » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 11:23 am

Strong Eagle wrote:[quote="teejay_"e in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Grab HR applied for my EP 3 and a half weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Why is this taking so long? Should I be
So, the folks ponder just what in the hell a "product designer" might be and whether or not a local could fill the role.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 1:03 pm

teejay_ wrote:.
OP - don't bother deleting your original post. You have made it to ASS:

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/artic ... ans-can-do

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 1:40 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
teejay_ wrote:.
OP - don't bother deleting your original post. You have made it to ASS:

https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/artic ... ans-can-do
Made it to Transitioning before ASS

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 16 Sep 2017 1:42 pm

Teejay

You gonna be banned and posts resurrected

Bad idea to delete posts

Ying1010

Post by Ying1010 » Thu, 28 Sep 2017 11:49 am

Hi I'm a malaysian which also waiting for my s pass 2 and a half months ago. Did you have any updates about your employment pass yet ?

Singaporeuser2007

Post by Singaporeuser2007 » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 1:14 pm

Ying1010 wrote:Hi I'm a malaysian which also waiting for my s pass 2 and a half months ago. Did you have any updates about your employment pass yet ?
Typically SP and EP only takes about 2 to 3 weeks. Perhaps can check with Mom about the status ?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

EP pending on week 4 now

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 1:34 pm

Singaporeuser2007 wrote:SP and EP only takes about 2 to 3 weeks. Perhaps can check with Mom about the status ?

Image Like what SMS told you in another thread, you need wake up earlier and also go out more.

For the past one year, this board has witnessed some SP/EP applications pending for 3 months or more. Even renewal of EP is taking longer than one month in some instances. MOM is believed to be more stringent in scrutinizing professional and educational experiences of the applicants.

Singaporeuser2007

Post by Singaporeuser2007 » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 1:47 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Singaporeuser2007 wrote:SP and EP only takes about 2 to 3 weeks. Perhaps can check with Mom about the status ?

Image Like what SMS told you in another thread, you need wake up earlier and also go out more.

For the past one year, this board has witnessed some SP/EP applications pending for 3 months or more. Even renewal of EP is taking longer than one month in some instances. MOM is believed to be more stringent in scrutinizing professional and educational experiences of the applicants.
:) I've been working in Sg more than 10 years
My case it takes 1 week to approved.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 1:57 pm

Singaporeuser2007 wrote::) I've been working in Sg more than 10 years
My case it takes 1 week to approved.

Yours takes 1 week, some take 2-3 days, some take 3 months and some never got it.

That's why we always said no two applicants/profiles are the same. Otherwise we won't be getting "I graduated with the same degree from the same reputed university in our homeland. Why my friend got his work pass approved and mine is pending or got rejected?"

Okay, never mind.