Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Advice Needed

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
anpisces

Re: Employment Pass Advice Needed

Post by anpisces » Thu, 07 Sep 2017 1:27 pm

Hi, I have applied Employment Pass 3 weeks ago, but suddenly I got an email reply from MOM that states:

"As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore."

I've never heard of someone who got this email. Does anyone have similar experience? And how's the result? Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 07 Sep 2017 2:33 pm

anpisces wrote:Hi, I have applied Employment Pass 3 weeks ago, but suddenly I got an email reply from MOM that states:

"As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore."

I've never heard of someone who got this email. Does anyone have similar experience? And how's the result? Thanks!
We are not sure about the email but we have heard about cases where they do checks using vetting agencies and it takes 2-3 months for the entire process to complete.

Result is dependent on the vetting result...How can we advise?

rajspy84

Post by rajspy84 » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 8:54 pm

update : my EP got rejected on 7th Sep. reason was organisation which has applied my EP has too many EP already. basically local-foreigner ratio was not good. I will suggest those who are waiting, ask your employer to check with MOM if 3 weeks are completed post application.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 12 Sep 2017 9:37 pm

rajspy84 wrote:update : my EP got rejected on 7th Sep. reason was organisation which has applied my EP has too many EP already. basically local-foreigner ratio was not good. I will suggest those who are waiting, ask your employer to check with MOM if 3 weeks are completed post application.
This is an interesting outcome... sorry, not to you, I am sure... but it appears that while there is no formal quota in place, MoM is sure taking a stand with informal quotas.

I wonder if this is a situation where a company has been "importing" people from the same country over and over again.