Singapore Expats

Part-time employment for LTVP holder

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wiley

Part-time employment for LTVP holder

Post by Wiley » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:40 am

Hi, I am a holder of LTVP under the category of students of institute of higher learning (IHL) seeking for employment. I want to apply for a part-time job to support myself while staying in Singapore. One employer told me that this is not possible for LTVP holders under IHL to apply for Work Pass. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, what are my options to earn money while looking for a full-time job?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Part-time employment for LTVP holder

Post by bgd » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:15 pm

Have a look here - all explained http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 12:47 pm

Wiley wrote:Hi, I am a holder of LTVP under the category of students of institute of higher learning (IHL) seeking for employment. I want to apply for a part-time job to support myself while staying in Singapore. One employer told me that this is not possible for LTVP holders under IHL to apply for Work Pass. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, what are my options to earn money while looking for a full-time job?
:o

[-X

:mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Wed, 23 Aug 2017 8:57 pm

Wiley wrote:Hi, I am a holder of LTVP under the category of students of institute of higher learning (IHL) seeking for employment. I want to apply for a part-time job to support myself while staying in Singapore. One employer told me that this is not possible for LTVP holders under IHL to apply for Work Pass. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, what are my options to earn money while looking for a full-time job?
From memory, a LTVP holder can work on a Letter Of Consent once they have been here 12 months.