Singapore Expats

Question on LOC Vetting (A vicious cycle?)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
riri85

Question on LOC Vetting (A vicious cycle?)

Post by riri85 » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:37 am

Hi there,

Question:

Will the vetting process for Letter of Consent (LOC) stop if an employer withdraws the application?
If yes, then how does one avoid this vicious cycle?

Hope to find some answers here as I'm worried and since things are in the government hands, i'm doubly worried.

My wife is Indonesian Chinese, recently married and got her LTVP a couple of months back in May.
We started living together in July (Coz she was working and we had our wedding in jkt)

Anyway, so she recently applied for a job here and got an offer that she happily signed.

The problem starts here:

(I think) because she's from Indo, usually they will put them through the vetting process, now this vetting process takes up to 2 months.
The role she applied for is just an administrative role (She is a degree holder from a rather reputable uni so i'm not worried about the results.)

So, i highly doubt any company will be willing to wait 2 months for a simple admin role to be vetted when there are so many candidates out there.
Also, most of the applications done took only 3 days to approve (LOC as well), so my wife hit the 'jackpot'

Problem is, if they withdraw the application for LOC, the vetting process will stop?
Means that next time she applies it will be the same problem again, resulting in a vicious cycle.

P.S we did visit our MP to ask for expedited vetting but with a deadline of one week I can only pray
Last edited by riri85 on Tue, 22 Aug 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Question on LOC Vetting (A vicious cycle?)

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 1:20 pm

riri85 wrote:Hi there,

Hope to find some answers here as I'm worried and since things are in the government hands, i'm doubly worried.

My wife is Indonesian Chinese, recently married and got her LTVP a couple of months back in May.
We started living together in July (Coz she was working and we had our wedding in jkt)

Anyway, so she recently applied for a job here and got an offer that she happily signed.

The problem starts here:

(I think) because she's from Indo, usually they will put them through the vetting process, now this vetting process takes up to 2 months.
The role she applied for is just an administrative role (She is a degree holder from a rather reputable uni so i'm not worried about the results.)

So, i highly doubt any company will be willing to wait 2 months for a simple admin role to be vetted when there are so many candidates out there.
Also, most of the applications done took only 3 days to approve (LOC as well), so my wife hit the 'jackpot'

Problem is, if they withdraw the application for LOC, the vetting process will stop?
Means that next time she applies it will be the same problem again, resulting in a vicious cycle.

Question:

Will the vetting process stop once an employer withdraws the application?
If yes, then how does one avoid this vicious cycle?

(Please please don't tell me wait till i find an employer that is willing to wait :( )

P.S we did visit our MP to ask for expedited vetting but with a deadline of one week I can only pray
LTVP, you are ???

Well, the delays in LTVP is nothing to do with Vetting, per se.

It is vetting you :D Or so I am confident of.

riri85

Post by riri85 » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 1:43 pm

Should have put the question at the top. lol

She already gotten her LTVP, trying to work but application for LOC is halted by vetting process.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 22 Aug 2017 3:33 pm

riri85 wrote:Should have put the question at the top. lol

She already gotten her LTVP, trying to work but application for LOC is halted by vetting process.
Honestly, one of the HR experts here may have to advice you there !!