Singapore Expats

Queries on tenancy agreement

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
x9200

Re: Queries on tenancy agreement

Post by x9200 » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:35 pm

When it comes to the sale, your top critically important point you must have in the TA is to have the sale subject to your TA. If you don't have it, the new LL may kick you out. Missing such clause doesn't make you completely defenceless but without it you might need to get engaged in somehow more complicated law suit against your old LL to made him pay for your damages.

For the potential buyers, the frequency and time is subjective but you always have another clause on the peaceful enjoyment of the property. If the visits are too frequent, this would violate that clause.

Search By

archkc

Post by archkc » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:52 pm

We don't have an agent. Only the LL side agent. We have always paid a security deposit and signed a LOI to receive a TA. In the past, have got back the same too. This time though, I think we did it a little hasty.

The LL has amended several of those clauses on early termination, repairs and stuff. Except this sales thing, nothing really bothers us now. Me or rather my partner is very specific on not allowing viewings from Day 1.

archkc

Post by archkc » Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:55 pm

Yes. The agreement currently doesn't say a thing if we can continue should a sale happen. It's so weird that they don't include this considering they do plan to sell. My current unit had it on the TA but the LL never had any intent to sell.

It looks to me as though they just need some rental income while still being able to use the apartment to have viewings as per their convenience and also to have us leave anytime a sale materialises and the new LL chooses to move in.

I have asked on the current insurance premiums to consider the clause on it.

archkc

Post by archkc » Fri, 18 Aug 2017 10:17 am

We have decided not to go ahead with this house. Spoke at length to the LL, after rounds of emails/calls later - took to not moving in. Will be getting the advance deposit soon. Thank you every one, all the inputs given helped us decide.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:25 am

Good call.

We lived in a place that was being sold, the viewings became annoying after awhile, even though the LL was quite accommodating.

The upside was that we were paid to move out when it sold, worked out very well for us. Especially since I never really liked the place.

I would always avoid a place that was up for sale after that experience.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:36 pm

archkc wrote:We have decided not to go ahead with this house. Spoke at length to the LL, after rounds of emails/calls later - took to not moving in. Will be getting the advance deposit soon. Thank you every one, all the inputs given helped us decide.
Probably a good decision. We've done like this once after the LL eventually agreed to all our requests, but it was so much hassle that we decided we didn't want to have such person as the LL. 90% of the successful (peaceful) rental in Singapore and probably anywhere else is about good profiling.